What happens after testing?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by The New Guy, Sep 26, 2007.

  1. The New Guy

    The New Guy Guest

    Hello,

    I just passed both tests on Monday. The test center had trouble with the 271
    test and I had to restart it about 6 times. I even waited for another person
    to finish 70-290 and try that test station. I was scheduled for 9 AM and
    finished it around 1:30. Then I took 272 which worked fine though.

    When I finished, I took my score sheet and left. (I was exhausted and still
    had to drive 50 miles back home to work second shift). I know that I haven't
    given them enough time, but no one told me what would happen next. The score
    sheet says that it will take up to a week to update my transcript. What
    transcript? Is this from Prometric? I can't register with the MCP site until
    I get my MCPID. Will this be on the transcript? I can't find any info on
    Prometric's site, and until I get my MCPID, I don't see any helpful info
    from Microsoft about my specific situation. (Getting the MCP and MCDST on
    the same day.)

    Is my MCPID on the way in the mail? I know I have to request my welcome kit.
    I'm just trying to determine if I need to take further action now or just
    wait a week.

    Thank you,

    JT
    The New Guy, Sep 26, 2007

  2. The New Guy

    Mark Guest

    You'll get a mail from MS with the details on how to logon to the MCP site
    for the first time.
    There you can request your goodies (certification paper, wallet card and so
    on - called a welcome kit)

    - Mark

    Mark, Sep 26, 2007

  3. The New Guy

    The New Guy Guest

    Thanks for your help. I'll just have to be patient now. Will it be an
    e-mail or snail mail?

    JT

    The New Guy, Sep 26, 2007
  4. "The New Guy" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for your help. I'll just have to be patient now. Will it be an
    > e-mail or snail mail?
    >
    > JT
    >

    > "Mark" < m> wrote in message
    > > You'll get a mail from MS with the details on how to logon to the MCP site
    > > for the first time.
    > > There you can request your goodies (certification paper, wallet card and
    > > so on - called a welcome kit)
    > >
    > > - Mark

    Normally email. However, it is takes longer than 7-10 business days
    contact http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx and
    have them look into it for you. You may get away with this after 3-4
    days of not receiving your email.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 26, 2007
  5. The New Guy

    Neil Guest

    I waited 2 weeks for an email from Microsoft regarding my MCPID, as nothing
    came through
    so i rang the regional centre and they gave me all the required info to
    logon to the MCP site
    and request my welcome kit etc. Still to this day no email arrived from
    microsoft telling me
    what my MCPID was. I'd advise you call your regional centre, check the MS
    site for the
    appropriate number.

    Regards
    Neil
    A+, MCP

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Neil, Sep 26, 2007
  6. The New Guy

    JoeB Guest

    Send MS an email on

    Only queries related to MCP pls!

    JoeB, Sep 26, 2007
  7. The New Guy

    The New Guy Guest

    Thank you all for your help. I called and got my MCPID and now my welcome
    kits are on the way.

    JT
    The newest MCDST

    The New Guy, Sep 28, 2007