    appear for MCSD on VC++ Platform but to my surprise
    Microsoft is no longer offering any certifications in VC++
    platform...What to DO???????
    Anil Kornepati, Aug 15, 2004

  2. >i am a good programmer in VC++ and i recently decided to
    >appear for MCSD on VC++ Platform but to my surprise
    >Microsoft is no longer offering any certifications in VC++
    >platform...What to DO???????

    nothing.

    I guess ms believe that c++ is too hard to grasp for the audience
    attracted to becoming an mcsd, I must say I see ms's point...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Hi Anil,

    As an alternative to Kline Sphere's comments, try learning C#.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Aug 15, 2004
  4. >As an alternative to Kline Sphere's comments, try learning C#.

    why should people have to? C++ is the most popular general purpose
    language around today; in some respects it would be like saying drop
    foxpro and learn ms access!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 15, 2004
  5. Anil Kornepati

    Guest Guest

    Difference of religion breeds more quarrels than difference of politics.
    - Wendell Phillips

    Guest, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Religion, in this world, is the cause of most of the evil we see.
    Still, if we did the right thing and outlawed Religion, man would only
    find other reasons to preach hatred of one another - just goes to show
    how uncivilized we all are.

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:55:50 -0400, <WKidd> wrote:

    >Difference of religion breeds more quarrels than difference of politics.
    >- Wendell Phillips
    >
    >"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
    >> >As an alternative to Kline Sphere's comments, try learning C#.

    >> why should people have to? C++ is the most popular general purpose
    >> language around today; in some respects it would be like saying drop
    >> foxpro and learn ms access!!!
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Anil Kornepati

    Guest Guest

    Yes, if we outlawed religion then that would eliminate the concept of "evil"
    all together. However, we would still continue killing, raping and stealing
    from each other. Most major wars are fought for political and economic
    reasons. There is no obvious religious root for World War II and Vietnam.

    Guest, Aug 17, 2004
  8. Anil Kornepati

    JaR Guest

    WKidd wrote:

    > Yes, if we outlawed religion then that would eliminate the concept of "evil"
    > all together. However, we would still continue killing, raping and stealing
    > from each other. Most major wars are fought for political and economic
    > reasons. There is no obvious religious root for World War II and Vietnam.

    As far as Vietnam, do a tiny bit of research about the tensions that
    existed between the poverty stricken majority of Bhuddists vs the tiny
    majority of wealthy Catholic rulers and landowners. In WWII a large
    percentage of the agression was justified with religious reasons. The
    Nazis were not fond of the Catholic church as well as Judaism. Not
    saying that religion was the sole root of either conflict, but it
    certainly added to the violence and hatred surrounding them.

    JaR
    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  9. Anil Kornepati

    Eric Guest

    <WKidd> wrote:

    > Yes, if we outlawed religion then ...

    hmm... "then only outlaws would practice religion"

    Eric
    Eric, Aug 17, 2004
  10. Anil Kornepati

    Guest Guest

    Whether the majority in Vietnam were Bhudists and the minority Catholic is a
    peripheral issue. I'm sure that the two groups probably had different tastes
    in music as well, but that's not why they shooting at each other. The real
    issue in Vietnam was Communism vs. Capitalism which manifested itself as a
    proxy war between the Soviet Union and the United States. So it seems to me
    this was for the most part a political or economic war.

    As for the Natzis, they could best be categorized as athiests. Their hatred
    of Jews stemmed from racial and social class hatred.

    WKidd

    Guest, Aug 18, 2004
  11. Anil Kornepati

    JaR Guest

    WKidd wrote:

    > Whether the majority in Vietnam were Bhudists and the minority Catholic is a
    > peripheral issue. I'm sure that the two groups probably had different tastes
    > in music as well, but that's not why they shooting at each other. The real
    > issue in Vietnam was Communism vs. Capitalism which manifested itself as a
    > proxy war between the Soviet Union and the United States. So it seems to me
    > this was for the most part a political or economic war.

    You could not be more wrong. The very reason for the opression was the
    Catholic minority using their religion as a justification for oppressing
    the Bhuddist minority. The class hatred was at the very roots of the
    Viet Minh rebellion. Remember the monks immolating themselves in Saigon?
    The conflict started long before the US got itself involved. Please do a
    little reading about the beginnings of the Vietnam conflict before
    continuing this discussion.

    > As for the Natzis, they could best be categorized as athiests. Their hatred
    > of Jews stemmed from racial and social class hatred.

    You are right. I never claimed religion was the cause of WWII. Only that
    it exascerbated the cruelties.

    JaR
    JaR, Aug 18, 2004
  12. Anil Kornepati

    Schfooge Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > WKidd wrote:
    >
    >> Whether the majority in Vietnam were Bhudists and the minority Catholic
    >> is a
    >> peripheral issue. I'm sure that the two groups probably had different
    >> tastes
    >> in music as well, but that's not why they shooting at each other. The
    >> real
    >> issue in Vietnam was Communism vs. Capitalism which manifested itself as
    >> proxy war between the Soviet Union and the United States. So it seems to
    >> me
    >> this was for the most part a political or economic war.

    > You could not be more wrong. The very reason for the opression was the
    > Catholic minority using their religion as a justification for oppressing
    > the Bhuddist minority.

    This statement is EXACTLY correct. They used their religion as a
    justification for their actions. Religion is not the cause of war, but it
    is often the excuse used to justify war.
    Schfooge, Aug 19, 2004
  13. >The real
    >issue in Vietnam was Communism vs. Capitalism which manifested itself as a
    >proxy war between the Soviet Union and the United States.

    The conditions in the region were rip (i.e. unstable) for the ussr to
    extend it's sphere of influence, hence is become a 'political war'.
    However, as JaR said, the conditions did not arise as a direct result
    of either the ussr or the USA, but were exploited nevertheless.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  14. >Religion is not the cause of war, but it
    >is often the excuse used to justify war.

    hence why it should be outlawed.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  15. >hmm... "then only outlaws would practice religion"

    is that not the case today?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  16. Anil Kornepati

    Schfooge Guest

    > >Religion is not the cause of war, but it
    >>is often the excuse used to justify war.

    > hence why it should be outlawed.

    That wouldn't solve anything. They'd just find or make up a new excuse.
    Schfooge, Aug 22, 2004
  17. >> >Religion is not the cause of war, but it
    >>>is often the excuse used to justify war.

    >> hence why it should be outlawed.

    >That wouldn't solve anything. They'd just find or make up a new excuse.

    which was what I said before...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 23, 2004