    deleted quite a few items from my watchlist, but
    the links are still missing?

    Does anyone know what has happened?

    Judges1318, Apr 30, 2006

  2. On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:30:04 +1200, Judges1318
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    >Until recently I could put items browsed on the Trademe
    >into the "watchlist" and then review them (and bid).
    >On the description page there used to be link
    >saying: put to watchlist.
    >
    >Now, my watchlist still exists, and there are still
    >the items I have put there before, but now all the
    >links "put to watchlist" seem to be gone.
    >I thought perhaps I was hogging the space, and
    >deleted quite a few items from my watchlist, but
    >the links are still missing?
    >
    >Does anyone know what has happened?

    TradeMe has exchanged the Watchlist text link for a large icon which
    is much easier to see.

    Now, instead of clicking the text link and having it open another page
    (sometimes with advertising for similar items), it simply puts the
    item on your watchlist automatically. A big improvement AFAIC.

    There is still an option to receive or not receive email notification
    when the item is coming up for auction and you can change that option.
    But, by default, it remains at your previous setting until you change
    it.

    Robert Feigel, Apr 30, 2006

  3. Judges1318

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Robert Feigel wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:30:04 +1200, Judges1318
    > <> magnanimously proffered:
    >
    >> Until recently I could put items browsed on the Trademe
    >> into the "watchlist" and then review them (and bid).
    >> On the description page there used to be link
    >> saying: put to watchlist.
    >>
    >> Now, my watchlist still exists, and there are still
    >> the items I have put there before, but now all the
    >> links "put to watchlist" seem to be gone.
    >> I thought perhaps I was hogging the space, and
    >> deleted quite a few items from my watchlist, but
    >> the links are still missing?
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what has happened?

    > TradeMe has exchanged the Watchlist text link for a large icon which
    > is much easier to see.
    >
    > Now, instead of clicking the text link and having it open another page
    > (sometimes with advertising for similar items), it simply puts the
    > item on your watchlist automatically. A big improvement AFAIC.
    >
    > There is still an option to receive or not receive email notification
    > when the item is coming up for auction and you can change that option.
    > But, by default, it remains at your previous setting until you change
    > it.

    It's better than that, because now it is all whizzy and web2.0 (curved
    corners, too) so you don't have to navigate away from the auction page
    and back again, it really is an improvement. Also it shows if the item
    is already on your watchlist. The new button looks quite out of place in
    the current trademe presentation, maybe they are going to update the
    whole site.

    But maybe it doesn't work in all browsers? At the least I think you'll
    need javascript enabled.

    Now if only it was as easy to arrange delivery and payment as it is with
    ebay and paypal...

    -=rjh=-, Apr 30, 2006
  4. Judges1318

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Robert Feigel wrote:
    >> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:30:04 +1200, Judges1318
    >> <> magnanimously proffered:
    >>
    >>> Until recently I could put items browsed on the Trademe
    >>> into the "watchlist" and then review them (and bid).
    >>> On the description page there used to be link
    >>> saying: put to watchlist.
    >>>
    >>> Now, my watchlist still exists, and there are still
    >>> the items I have put there before, but now all the
    >>> links "put to watchlist" seem to be gone.
    >>> I thought perhaps I was hogging the space, and
    >>> deleted quite a few items from my watchlist, but
    >>> the links are still missing?
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know what has happened?

    >> TradeMe has exchanged the Watchlist text link for a large icon which
    >> is much easier to see.
    >>
    >> Now, instead of clicking the text link and having it open another
    >> page (sometimes with advertising for similar items), it simply puts
    >> the item on your watchlist automatically. A big improvement AFAIC.
    >>
    >> There is still an option to receive or not receive email notification
    >> when the item is coming up for auction and you can change that
    >> option. But, by default, it remains at your previous setting until
    >> you change it.

    > It's better than that, because now it is all whizzy and web2.0 (curved
    > corners, too) so you don't have to navigate away from the auction page
    > and back again, it really is an improvement. Also it shows if the item
    > is already on your watchlist. The new button looks quite out of place
    > in the current trademe presentation, maybe they are going to update
    > the whole site.
    >
    > But maybe it doesn't work in all browsers? At the least I think you'll
    > need javascript enabled.

    Nope, works fine in Firefox with JavaScript disabled. They would be pretty
    stupid if it didn't.

    Nik Coughlin, Apr 30, 2006
  5. Judges1318

    Judges1318 Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:

    >>>Now, instead of clicking the text link and having it open another
    >>>page (sometimes with advertising for similar items), it simply puts
    >>>the item on your watchlist automatically. A big improvement AFAIC.
    >>>

    >>But maybe it doesn't work in all browsers? At the least I think you'll
    >>need javascript enabled.

    > Nope, works fine in Firefox with JavaScript disabled. They would be pretty
    > stupid if it didn't.

    What are your ranks (stars) with TM?

    I do not see any snazzy icons, though the things I bid for do get to the
    list. Perhaps I am not high enough a rank.

    But, how do I watch for the things I do not want to bid (but just to
    know the final price and whether fell through)?

    Judges1318, May 1, 2006
  6. Judges1318

    Zonter Guest

    Re: what happened to trademe watchlists

    Hi, I'm Alessandro Saitta, a 37 y.o. italian man. I live in Follonica
    (Grosseto) Italy - Cassarello street, 131. I'm the most famous
    italian spammer in the world. If you uderstand italian language, come
    to visit my site at:
    http://tinyurl.com/q7uh2

    Don't miss the amazing opportunity to meet the italian 'cantautore alla
    bona' at: www.lellovitello.it

    Hurry up! so come on! Don't you know the italian 'Cantore della Merda'?
    Don't waste your time and come to: www.joenatta.com !

    Express your opinions about everything! No restrictions! Multi
    language site at: www.what-about.it !

    Zonter, May 1, 2006
  7. On Mon, 01 May 2006 18:59:11 +1200, Judges1318
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    >>>But maybe it doesn't work in all browsers? At the least I think you'll
    >>>need javascript enabled.

    >> Nope, works fine in Firefox with JavaScript disabled. They would be pretty
    >> stupid if it didn't.
    >>

    >What are your ranks (stars) with TM?
    >
    >I do not see any snazzy icons, though the things I bid for do get to the
    >list. Perhaps I am not high enough a rank.
    >
    >But, how do I watch for the things I do not want to bid (but just to
    >know the final price and whether fell through)?

    No snazzy icon, just a icon that's larger that the text used to be and
    positioned where the Watch It text used to be. What browser are you
    using?

    Robert Feigel, May 1, 2006
  8. Judges1318

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> Robert Feigel wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:30:04 +1200, Judges1318
    >>> <> magnanimously proffered:

    >>> TradeMe has exchanged the Watchlist text link for a large icon which
    >>> is much easier to see.
    >>>
    >>> Now, instead of clicking the text link and having it open another
    >>> page (sometimes with advertising for similar items), it simply puts
    >>> the item on your watchlist automatically. A big improvement AFAIC.
    >>>
    >>> There is still an option to receive or not receive email notification
    >>> when the item is coming up for auction and you can change that
    >>> option. But, by default, it remains at your previous setting until
    >>> you change it.

    >> It's better than that, because now it is all whizzy and web2.0 (curved
    >> corners, too) so you don't have to navigate away from the auction page
    >> and back again, it really is an improvement. Also it shows if the item
    >> is already on your watchlist. The new button looks quite out of place
    >> in the current trademe presentation, maybe they are going to update
    >> the whole site.
    >>
    >> But maybe it doesn't work in all browsers? At the least I think you'll
    >> need javascript enabled.

    > Nope, works fine in Firefox with JavaScript disabled. They would be pretty
    > stupid if it didn't.

    Not entirely correct.

    It works, but without javascript enabled in Firefox, the system degrades
    to the old functionality, where you navigate away from the page and back
    again. With js on, you never leave the page; it is heaps better.

    -=rjh=-, May 2, 2006
  9. Judges1318

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:

    >>> But maybe it doesn't work in all browsers? At the least I think
    >>> you'll need javascript enabled.

    >> Nope, works fine in Firefox with JavaScript disabled. They would be
    >> pretty stupid if it didn't.

    > Not entirely correct.
    >
    > It works, but without javascript enabled in Firefox, the system
    > degrades to the old functionality, where you navigate away from the
    > page and back again. With js on, you never leave the page; it is
    > heaps better.

    So you're saying it's not entirely correct that "it works without
    JavaScript"? It works fine. "Works" being the operative word here. I'm
    glad that they were smart enough to provide fallback functionality.

    Nik Coughlin, May 2, 2006
  10. Judges1318

    Judges1318 Guest

    Robert Feigel wrote:

    >>I do not see any snazzy icons, though the things I bid for do get to the
    >>list. Perhaps I am not high enough a rank.
    >>
    >>But, how do I watch for the things I do not want to bid (but just to
    >>know the final price and whether fell through)?
    >>

    > No snazzy icon, just a icon that's larger that the text used to be and
    > positioned where the Watch It text used to be. What browser are you
    > using?

    IE under Wws AND Mozilla under FBSD and I have the same thing.
    I tried reducing privacy to Medium, etc etc. Javascript is enabled,
    IE offers no option of disabling it in the first place, AFAIK.

    Judges1318, May 3, 2006
  11. Judges1318

    Judges1318 Guest

    Judges1318 wrote:

    > Robert Feigel wrote:
    >

    >>> I do not see any snazzy icons, though the things I bid for do get to
    >>> the list. Perhaps I am not high enough a rank.
    >>>
    >>> But, how do I watch for the things I do not want to bid (but just to
    >>> know the final price and whether fell through)?
    >>>

    >> No snazzy icon, just a icon that's larger that the text used to be and
    >> positioned where the Watch It text used to be. What browser are you
    >> using?

    > IE under Wws AND Mozilla under FBSD and I have the same thing.
    > I tried reducing privacy to Medium, etc etc. Javascript is enabled,
    > IE offers no option of disabling it in the first place, AFAIK.

    mystery solved (if anyone cares)

    I had disabled the colouring specified by the page
    and had set all rendering as black on white (I prefer it that way).
    Now I have allowed the page rendering as the (often idiotic)
    designer wanted it and thence beheld the watchilst button shewn.

    Judges1318, May 7, 2006