  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    I haven't seen any new posts for 3 days now..

    Jeff, Aug 27, 2003

  2. It's your newsreader or your ISP.

    Juan

    Juan R. Pollo, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Jeff

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/27/03 10:43 AM, in article ,
    "Jeff" <> wrote:

    > I haven't seen any new posts for 3 days now..

    Get a new newsreader. I suggest the one below. The only problem is that I
    can't figure how to get rid of the damn plug. Other than that, they are up
    99% of the time.

    George Kerby, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Jeff

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jeff wrote:

    > I haven't seen any new posts for 3 days now..

    The group is alive and well and throbbing with posts.
    --
    Paul. (scatter like ice from the spoon that was your womb)
    Not what it seems...

    Paul Heslop, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Jeff

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jeff wrote:

    > I haven't seen any new posts for 3 days now..

    Hang on, I just realised, if you request no emails, and you can't see
    posts, then you won't know we're answering you... so I can stick my
    tongue out at you and you won't see it

    NyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH :OP

    Paul Heslop, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Jeff

    Jeremy Guest

    Jeff <> wrote:

    > I haven't seen any new posts for 3 days now..

    You're using Bellsouth. Bellsouth's Usenet service is, shall we say, in
    something of a state of flux at the moment.

    Which probably means you're not seeing these replies, either, of course,
    but hey, we tried.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Jeff

    Lucas Tam Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote in

    > Get a new newsreader. I suggest the one below. The only problem is
    > that I can't figure how to get rid of the damn plug. Other than that,
    > they are up 99% of the time.

    Newscene, Giganews, Easynews, Terranews are all good choices for
    text/binary groups.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Jeff

    daytripper Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:48:09 GMT, "Juan R. Pollo" <>
    wrote:
    >"Jeff" <> wrote in message
    >> I haven't seen any new posts for 3 days now..

    >It's your newsreader or your ISP.
    >
    >Juan

    question for you and the other first responders:

    given the input, what makes you think he's gonna see your responses?

    ;-)

    daytripper, Aug 27, 2003
  9. Jeff

    James Bell Guest

    Re: BELLSOUTH! Here's How To Fix It...

    In article <5M43b.1345$>, John McGaw says...

    >They've had some sort of a major screwup with their news provider. All of
    >the article number have changed and that has confused your newsreader. You
    >can probably fix it by unsubscribing / re-subscribing to the group -- this
    >normally causes the "most popular" news reader to re-synchronize itself. I
    >had to do it to every one of my subscribed newsgroups.

    They used to outsource their newsgroup service to Webusenet but canceled them
    about a week ago. Now it looks like they're going to try to run news in house,
    which means back to short retention, incompleteness, and unreliability.

    I've already lodged a complaint for them to investigate other third-party
    services for newsgroups, and I recommend others do the same. In the meantime I
    setup a single user account on newsguy.com, and have to say they've been great
    so far.

    James Bell

    James Bell, Aug 29, 2003