    The Dude Guest

    Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

    The Dude

    The Dude, Jul 21, 2006

  2. The Dude

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "The Dude" <The >
    wrote:

    >Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

    agreed

    but perhaps he retired :)

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 22, 2006

  3. The Dude

    Moe Trin Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    <>, Jim Watt wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "The Dude" <The >
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

    >agreed

    If you are referring to me - I'm still reading the group. It's just that
    the noise level has been high. I'm an network administrator at a microsoft
    free network (I don't even have any windoze boxes at home, though I do have
    two microsoft 'Dove Bar' serial mice), and I've not seen much in the news
    group to respond to.

    >but perhaps he retired :)

    Soon. Mandatory retirement age is 72, but there's no way I'm going to wait
    that long.

    Old guy

    Moe Trin, Jul 22, 2006
  4. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    "Moe Trin" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in
    > article
    > <>, Jim Watt wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "The Dude" <The >
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

    >>agreed

    > If you are referring to me - I'm still reading the group.

    Yes, I was referring to you and I am glad you responded.

    It's just that
    > the noise level has been high.

    That's why I miss your posts :)

    I'm an network administrator at a microsoft
    > free network (I don't even have any windoze boxes at home, though I do
    > have
    > two microsoft 'Dove Bar' serial mice), and I've not seen much in the news
    > group to respond to.

    It sounds like you think of microsoft as a virus for networks :)

    The Dude

    The Dude, Jul 23, 2006
  5. The Dude

    <XIywg.217813$iF6.161764@pd7tw2no>, The Dude wrote:

    >It sounds like you think of microsoft as a virus for networks :)

    It's not???

    No - that would be a bit much on advocacy, and I try to avoid that as
    much as possible.

    The articles that I've seen in this group just haven't been interesting
    or in my line of expertise. Why then should I add further noise?

    Old guy

    Moe Trin, Jul 23, 2006