  1. What happened to rec.video.dvd.titles newsgroup. I can get it with
    outlook xpress but not with google (dejanews) with internet explorer
    6.

    Nicolas The Great, Sep 30, 2003

  2. (Nicolas The Great) wrote in message news:<>...
    > What happened to rec.video.dvd.titles newsgroup. I can get it with
    > outlook xpress but not with google (dejanews) with internet explorer
    > 6.

    dejanews/google has been glitching since Friday evening. Unless you
    read only one newsgroup, you might have seen it mentioned. Your's
    is about the 12th message I've seen along these lines.

    Whatever the cause, the effect is that some newsgroups have disappeared,
    it seems to come and go, and some messages can't be read. dejanews/google
    has always had the occasional problem with "lost" messages, but usually
    pressing the reload button on your browser gets the message or thread,
    though it might take a few tries. This particular instance is definitely
    longer than the glitches I've noticed before, and reloading the page
    does nothing at the moment. Another effect is that if you click
    on some newsgroup names, instead of seeing the threads in that newsgroup,
    you get a bunch of messages posted to that newsgroup, but as if you
    had done a search on a word.

    Methinks patience is the cure. I gather dejanews/google does no about
    it, and realistically, it's hard to believe they didn't notice it
    themselves.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Oct 1, 2003

  3. (Michael Black) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Nicolas The Great) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > What happened to rec.video.dvd.titles newsgroup. I can get it with
    > > outlook xpress but not with google (dejanews) with internet explorer
    > > 6.

    > dejanews/google has been glitching since Friday evening. Unless you
    > read only one newsgroup, you might have seen it mentioned. Your's
    > is about the 12th message I've seen along these lines.
    >
    > Whatever the cause, the effect is that some newsgroups have disappeared,
    > it seems to come and go, and some messages can't be read. dejanews/google
    > has always had the occasional problem with "lost" messages, but usually
    > pressing the reload button on your browser gets the message or thread,
    > though it might take a few tries. This particular instance is definitely
    > longer than the glitches I've noticed before, and reloading the page
    > does nothing at the moment. Another effect is that if you click
    > on some newsgroup names, instead of seeing the threads in that newsgroup,
    > you get a bunch of messages posted to that newsgroup, but as if you
    > had done a search on a word.
    >
    > Methinks patience is the cure. I gather dejanews/google does no about
    > it, and realistically, it's hard to believe they didn't notice it
    > themselves.
    >
    > Michael

    Everything seems to work now but last week a lot of groups were
    not working.

    -NT

    Nicolas The Great, Oct 6, 2003