    that gave us the "great" dvd of Final Countdown so I wasn't expecting much. I
    was just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

    gam
    Gamilia, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Gamilia

    Film Buff Guest

    The releasing of "Night of the Comet" and "Monster Squad" has been a Nightmare for Pacific
    Family Entertainment.
    As of now, they have a contract with a certain marketing company to distribute these titles.
    Well, as it turns out the marketing company is NOT distributing these titles anywhere for some unknown reason.
    The gentleman (no name now) I spoke with at PFE is just as frustrated as we are because they themselves
    cannot release these titles until their contract is up with the marketing company, some time within the next 3 months
    and he assured me that as soon as it was up he would send me DVD's of these 2 movies and to post on the group
    that they can order these from PFE.
    This was the problem with the last 2 titles they released "Convoy" (Widescreen) and "Boys in Company C" (Full Screen)
    which they can now sell since their contract ended with the marketing company for these 2 titles.
    Quaility is so so but as of now this is the only way we can have these on DVD.
    As soon as I find out about "NOTC" and "TMS", whcih are both Widescreen, I will post it to the group.

    Film Buff, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Film Buff wrote:

    > The releasing of "Night of the Comet" and "Monster Squad" has been a Nightmare for Pacific
    > Family Entertainment.
    > As of now, they have a contract with a certain marketing company to distribute these titles.
    > Well, as it turns out the marketing company is NOT distributing these titles anywhere for some unknown reason.
    > The gentleman (no name now) I spoke with at PFE is just as frustrated as we are because they themselves
    > cannot release these titles until their contract is up with the marketing company, some time within the next 3 months
    > and he assured me that as soon as it was up he would send me DVD's of these 2 movies and to post on the group
    > that they can order these from PFE.
    > This was the problem with the last 2 titles they released "Convoy" (Widescreen) and "Boys in Company C" (Full Screen)
    > which they can now sell since their contract ended with the marketing company for these 2 titles.
    > Quaility is so so but as of now this is the only way we can have these on DVD.
    > As soon as I find out about "NOTC" and "TMS", whcih are both Widescreen, I will post it to the group.

    And assuming this also falls through and gets picked up by some actual
    company like "Countdown"...any word on "KISS Meets the Phantom of the
    Park" (third in the "Why TF did PFE have to get them?" trilogy)?

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Gamilia

    Film Buff Guest

    Next time I talk tol them I will ask about "KISS...."
    He did not mention this title.
    Apparently the president of PFE signed a contract with this company without knowing their previous
    marketing concerns...they are located in Atlanta while PFE is in California.
    They are looking into cancelling the contract so these DVD's can get into stores
    Will keep the group informed as time progresses.

    Film Buff, Jan 18, 2004
  5. Gamilia

    mazinz Guest

    but their convoy dvd seems to be an apparent rip of the UK version thats
    missing the 3 mins as well
    mazinz, Jan 19, 2004