    http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/, but their data base is searchable only by
    group and the posts are arranged inn separate folders for months and years.
    Are any other searchable archives available?
    alan, Nov 22, 2009

  2. alan

    Mike Easter Guest

    alan wrote:

    > That feature seems to have disappeared; now, when you click on a
    > poster's profile, all you get is maybe the last 3 or 4 posts they'd
    > made. What's up with that?

    Google has been deprecating the search tools for GG for quite some time.
    The user is left to experiment with which tools work sometimes and how
    many different kinds of 'attack' to muster for some desired result.

    The simple 'posting history' tool usage you are describing doesn't
    really work the way it used to.

    > Are any other searchable archives available?

    Not really. You can still do some things with GG if you work at it
    imaginatively.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 22, 2009

  3. alan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing alan <> bada bang:
    > The one thing that google groups had going for it was its searchable
    > archive. You used to be able to click on a poster's "profile" and see all
    > the posts they'd made to different groups going back several years, all
    > neatly arranged by month and year.
    > That feature seems to have disappeared; now, when you click on a poster's
    > profile, all you get is maybe the last 3 or 4 posts they'd made. What's up
    > with that?

    No loss as it was never very accurate. Google has their own
    definition of Usenet and newsgroups that has little to do with
    Usenet and newsgroups.

    Mike "the do no evil policy was abandoned long ago" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Nov 22, 2009
  4. alan wrote:
    > The one thing that google groups had going for it was its searchable
    > archive. You used to be able to click on a poster's "profile" and see
    > all the posts they'd made to different groups going back several years,
    > all neatly arranged by month and year.
    > That feature seems to have disappeared; now, when you click on a
    > poster's profile, all you get is maybe the last 3 or 4 posts they'd
    > made. What's up with that?
    >
    > The only archive alternative I'm aware of is
    > http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/, but their data base is searchable only
    > by group and the posts are arranged inn separate folders for months and
    > years. Are any other searchable archives available?

    that sites not much good...
    heres some others:
    http://usenet-addresses.mit.edu/
    http://www.disenter.com/
    http://www.livinginternet.com/u/uu_arch.htm
    Tools for the
    do-it-yourselfer:http://www.vclcomponents.com/s/0__/usenet_search

    Looks Promising:
    http://www.personal.u-net.com/~yandy/search/Usenet.html

    Huh?
    http://vos.ucsb.edu/browse.asp?id=2310

    Check the drop-down boxes on this:
    http://www.weburbia.com/pg/search.htm

    Last one:
    http://www.jetmore.org/john/search/usenet.html

    Now yer on yer own...

    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39MhPrLQz4

    www.snuhwolf.9f.com | http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::