    Why can't it maintain the same image size?

    If I hold the camera 1cm from my eye, wouldn't I achieve about the same
    result without this accessory?

    peter, Jul 21, 2003

  2. peter

    Jim Townsend Guest

    peter wrote:

    > There an eyepiece extender EP-EX15 for canon D10. In addition to making the
    > eyepoint higher, it reduces magnification by 30%.
    >
    > Why can't it maintain the same image size?
    >
    > If I hold the camera 1cm from my eye, wouldn't I achieve about the same
    > result without this accessory?

    Where does it say the extender reduces 'magnification' by 30%.. Do you have a
    link to a source of info on this ?

    As far as I know, it's just a square tube that keeps your eye further back from
    the viewfinder and in doing so, it keeps your nose from touching the LCD.

    Jim Townsend, Jul 22, 2003

  3. peter

    peter Guest

    Go to B&H and search for EP-EX15, then click on more info.
    At least another web site also says the same thing about magnification.

    peter, Jul 22, 2003
  4. peter

    Jim Townsend Guest

    peter wrote:

    > Go to B&H and search for EP-EX15, then click on more info.
    > At least another web site also says the same thing about magnification.

    OK.. I found it..

    They even have a picture of it that shows the eyepiece has a lens. I was
    thinking of getting one, (to keep my nose off the camera body), but I don't
    want to do this at the expense of a smaller image in the viewfinder..

    Thanks..

    Jim Townsend, Jul 22, 2003