    Jay Guest

    what equipment / handset do you have for using with VOIP?
    best dual phone you can suggest (standard phone & VOIP phone all in one)

    Jay, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Jay

    Tim Guest

    Jay wrote:
    > what equipment / handset do you have for using with VOIP?
    > best dual phone you can suggest (standard phone & VOIP phone all in one)

    The Siemens C460-IP is the best SIP and standard phone I know.

    Tim
    (maybe biased, we have a lot of them in stock)

    Tim, Jan 25, 2007

  3. Jay

    Mike Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:03:18 +0000, Tim <> wrote:

    >Jay wrote:
    >> what equipment / handset do you have for using with VOIP?
    >> best dual phone you can suggest (standard phone & VOIP phone all in one)

    >The Siemens C460-IP is the best SIP and standard phone I know.
    >
    >Tim
    >(maybe biased, we have a lot of them in stock)

    Being a DECT does it interfere with, or fail in the presence of, WiFi
    links?

    Mike, Jan 25, 2007
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Jay wrote:
    >> what equipment / handset do you have for using with VOIP?
    >> best dual phone you can suggest (standard phone & VOIP phone all in one)

    > The Siemens C460-IP is the best SIP and standard phone I know.
    >
    > Tim
    > (maybe biased, we have a lot of them in stock)

    Tim,
    Glad to hear that it is a good phone.
    Are you able to better the price I have of £70 delivered?

    Jay, Jan 26, 2007
  5. Jay

    Tim Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > Being a DECT does it interfere with, or fail in the presence of, WiFi
    > links?

    No. Dect has its own reserved frequency band. It is reserved for Dect.

    Multiple dect devices are clever enough not to interfere with each
    other. I forget what exactly what density of phones you can have
    operating in the same area, but I think it potentially 120 making calls.

    Dect has been used for cordless phones for years - a very proven technology.

    Tim

    Tim, Jan 26, 2007
  6. Jay

    Tim Guest

    Jay wrote:
    > Glad to hear that it is a good phone.
    > Are you able to better the price I have of £70 delivered?

    No. We (ProVu) sell through resellers, so don't undercut.

    Tim

    Tim, Jan 26, 2007
  7. Jay

    Spock Guest

    In message <45b9b04e$0$27103$>, Jay <>
    writes

    >"Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Jay wrote:
    >>> what equipment / handset do you have for using with VOIP?
    >>> best dual phone you can suggest (standard phone & VOIP phone all in one)

    >> The Siemens C460-IP is the best SIP and standard phone I know.
    >>
    >> Tim
    >> (maybe biased, we have a lot of them in stock)

    >Tim,
    >Glad to hear that it is a good phone.
    >Are you able to better the price I have of £70 delivered?

    Do let us know where you can obtain it for £70 delivered, as the
    cheapest that I have found is £81 or so.

    --
    Spock

    Spock, Jan 27, 2007
  8. Jay

    JJ Guest

    "Spock" <spock@127.0.01> wrote in message news:+EQxpqD0jwuFFw5a@127.0.0.1...
    > In message <45b9b04e$0$27103$>, Jay <>
    > writes
    >>
    >>"Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> The Siemens C460-IP is the best SIP and standard phone I know.
    >>>
    >>> Tim
    >>> (maybe biased, we have a lot of them in stock)

    >>Tim,
    >>Glad to hear that it is a good phone.
    >>Are you able to better the price I have of £70 delivered?

    > Do let us know where you can obtain it for £70 delivered, as the cheapest
    > that I have found is £81 or so.
    >
    > --
    > Spock

    I have a discount code which I still have to try out.
    If it works will post on here for others too.

    JJ

    JJ, Jan 29, 2007