  1. Bill Hook

    Bill Hook Guest

    c:\WINDOWS\system32\alg.exe OS XP Home edition, thanks.

    Bill Hook, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Bill Hook

    Liz Guest

    "Bill Hook" wrote:
    > c:\WINDOWS\system32\alg.exe OS XP Home edition, thanks.

    FILENAME: Alg.exe.
    PROGRAM NAME: Application Layer Gateway.
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and Internet Connection Firewall (ICF).
    RECOMMENDED ACTION: If a third-party firewall warns you that
    ALG.exe wants access, check to make sure you're not double-firewalled.
    If you are, disable ICF. If you are using neither ICF nor ICS and are
    warned that ALG.exe is trying to access the Net, deny it.
    A Trojan horse or worm may be trying to use it as a backdoor.

    Liz, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Bill Hook

    Patrick Guest

    Bill Hook wrote:
    > c:\WINDOWS\system32\alg.exe OS XP Home edition, thanks.

    What it says on it's propertys sheet on my same machine is;
    Application Layer Gateway Service

    I don't know what that means but thiere you are (sorry) ! :)

    Patrick, Nov 18, 2003