    Are all these Dooms, Quakes and Far Crys all retail? Any suggestions for
    demo files or something I can have a play with?

    Thanks

    A Shropshire Lad, Dec 14, 2005

  2. A Shropshire Lad

    Trax Guest

    "A Shropshire Lad" <> wrote:

    |>I have a new PC with two graphics cards and two processors. I'm not into PC
    |>games but I'd like to download something free that would show what it's
    |>capable of.
    |>
    |>Are all these Dooms, Quakes and Far Crys all retail? Any suggestions for
    |>demo files or something I can have a play with?

    http://www.dosgames.com/g_3d.php
    If your running XP or W2K you might need DosBox
    http://tinyurl.com/a28ts

    Most of the newer 3D games have demo versions as well,
    http://tinyurl.com/b724c

    --
    http://www.everyvideogame.com/

    Trax, Dec 14, 2005

  3. Thanks very much. Very helpful.

    Good of you to take the time.

    A Shropshire Lad, Dec 14, 2005
  4. A Shropshire Lad

    FML Guest

    A Shropshire Lad wrote:
    > I have a new PC with two graphics cards and two processors. I'm not into PC
    > games but I'd like to download something free that would show what it's
    > capable of.
    >
    > Are all these Dooms, Quakes and Far Crys all retail? Any suggestions for
    > demo files or something I can have a play with?
    >

    > Thanks

    Try America's Army: Special Forces.
    Free courtesy of Uncle Sam.

    FML, Dec 14, 2005
  5. "A Shropshire Lad" <> wrote in message
    >I have a new PC with two graphics cards and two processors. I'm not into PC
    >games but I'd like to download something free that would show what it's
    >capable of.
    >
    > Are all these Dooms, Quakes and Far Crys all retail? Any suggestions for
    > demo files or something I can have a play with?
    >

    > Thanks

    Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - a free standalone multiplayer game from the
    makers of Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

    http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/getdownload.php?id=792

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 14, 2005