    What type of files do the HD based camcorders create? Are they .mov files
    like the digital cameras?

    -Thanks
    somebody, Oct 27, 2007

  2. I have a JVC Everio GZ MG30 and it records in .mod format. However, copying
    the files to my PC and renaming them with an .mpg extension allows them to
    play 'normally' (the .mod format invokes the Cyberlink DVD player software
    that came with the camera - .mpg files play through Windows Media Player).

    Shawn E. Hale, Oct 27, 2007

  3. somebody

    somebody Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:46:56 -0400, Shawn E. Hale wrote:

    > I have a JVC Everio GZ MG30 and it records in .mod format. However, copying
    > the files to my PC and renaming them with an .mpg extension allows them to
    > play 'normally' (the .mod format invokes the Cyberlink DVD player software
    > that came with the camera - .mpg files play through Windows Media Player).

    Is it difficult to take these .mod (.mpg) files and copy then to a DVD to
    play on a home DVD player?

    -Thanks
    somebody, Oct 27, 2007
  4. I found it pretty simple but the files have to be converted and burned to a
    DVD. You are not going to be able to drag and drop them and expect the DVD
    to play. The camera comes with a USB port and software. The software can
    guide you through it as long as you have a DVD burner in your PC. Or you
    can treat the camera as sort of an external hard drive and access the files
    folder and bring them over manually. Then work with them that way. I have
    3 different brand DVD players in the house and the DVDs I burned using the
    Cyberlink software that came with the camera play on them all with no
    problems.

    Shawn E. Hale, Oct 27, 2007