    something else. Since I'm on Comcast I get the McAfee for free but used to
    use PC Tools free firewall but see that it is for 32 bit only. What is a
    good free firewall to use or is the Windows version good enough?
    David B. Mathews, Jan 22, 2009

  2. David B. Mathews

    XS11E Guest

    "David B. Mathews" <> wrote:

    > Its time to blow out my Vista Ultimate 64 bit and reinstall
    > everything. I have been using MacAfee Security Center but I think
    > it is time to try something else. Since I'm on Comcast I get the
    > McAfee for free but used to use PC Tools free firewall but see
    > that it is for 32 bit only. What is a good free firewall to use
    > or is the Windows version good enough?

    The Vista firewall is fine but hard to configure as far as outbound is
    concerned. You can find help through Google or use Vista Firewall
    Control which makes outbound configuration easy, the free version is
    all you'll need:

    http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/index.html

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org
    XS11E, Jan 22, 2009

  3. David B. Mathews

    Jack Guest

    David,

    I've been using the 64 bit COMODO firewall and it
    does a good job..

    You can check it out at
    http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html

    I haven't found any reason to go to their Comodo Pro firewall..

    Jack, Jan 23, 2009