    A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
    on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs individually.
    Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.
    JC, Nov 30, 2005

  2. JC

    JC Guest

    JC wrote:
    > A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
    > on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs individually.
    > Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

    Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.
    JC, Nov 30, 2005

  3. JC

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    JC wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >> A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab
    >> button on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs
    >> individually. Unless it already has this feature and I am missing
    >> something.

    > Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

    Wish granted!

    You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
    there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.
    Nik Coughlin, Nov 30, 2005
  4. JC

    JC Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >>JC wrote:
    >>
    >>>A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab
    >>>button on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs
    >>>individually. Unless it already has this feature and I am missing
    >>>something.

    >>Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

    > Wish granted!
    >
    > You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
    > there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.

    True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
    button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What I was
    meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
    tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for that.
    JC, Nov 30, 2005
  5. JC wrote:
    > A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
    > on the main toolbar

    Right click, customize your toolbar, add the "New tab" button to your
    toolbar.

    > and also the ability to close tabs individually.

    Middle click on the tab.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 30, 2005
  6. JC

    Richard Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:

    > Wish granted!
    >
    > You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
    > there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.

    1.5 also finally adds reordering tabs
    Richard, Nov 30, 2005
  7. JC

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:47:20 +1300, JC wrote:

    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> JC wrote:

    >>>Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

    >> Wish granted!
    >>
    >> You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
    >> there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.
    >>

    > True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
    > button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What I was
    > meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
    > tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for that.

    ctrl W
    to close current tab

    Shane, Nov 30, 2005
  8. On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:47:20 +1300, someone purporting to be JC didst
    scrawl:

    > Nik Coughlin wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
    > button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What I was
    > meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
    > tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for that.

    Edit, Preferences, Advanced. In the Tabbed Browsing section, you can get
    it to display the tab bar when only one tab is open.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."
    Matthew Poole, Dec 1, 2005
  9. JC

    N.Oway Guest

    JC wrote:
    > a new page/tab button

    Ctrl-T

    > the ability to close tabs individually

    Ctrl-W
    N.Oway, Dec 1, 2005
  10. JC

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:35:29 +1300, JC <> wrote:

    >A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
    >on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs individually.
    >Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

    Tried one of the tab browser extensions?
    GraB, Dec 1, 2005
  11. JC

    ./ Guest

    JC wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >> A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab
    >> button on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs
    >> individually. Unless it already has this feature and I am missing
    >> something.

    > Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

    Yes you missing the little red X at the right hand end of the tabs.
    ./, Dec 1, 2005
  12. JC

    bambam Guest

    JC <> wrote in news:dmlcv2$s9h$:

    > A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
    > on the main toolbar

    View/Toolbar/Customize

    > and also the ability to close tabs individually.
    > Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

    Tab X is the extension you want-

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/clav/#tabx

    Don't know if it works with 1.5, I'm waiting for a week or two before
    upgrading.
    bambam, Dec 1, 2005
  13. JC

    steve Guest

    JC wrote:

    > True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
    > button, it closes both of them.

    Not on my machine. It closes one....and leaves me with the lone page taking
    up the whole browser width 9as it should).

    On the system I just tried it on, I used Firefox 1.06 on Linux.
    steve, Dec 1, 2005
  14. JC

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:47:20 +1300, someone purporting to be JC didst
    > scrawl:
    >
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:

    > *SNIP*
    >> True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current
    >> tab button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What
    >> I was meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button
    >> on each tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for
    >> that.

    > Edit, Preferences, Advanced. In the Tabbed Browsing section, you can
    > get it to display the tab bar when only one tab is open.

    Or, in the case of 1.0.7, Tools, Options, Advanced, uncheck "Hide Tab bar
    when only one tab open" in the Tabbed browsing section..

    Like I said, I'll upgrade to 1.5 when I get the little "upgrade available"
    icon at the top right.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2005
  15. JC

    JC Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > JC <> wrote in news:dmlcv2$s9h$:
    >

    >>A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
    >>on the main toolbar

    > View/Toolbar/Customize
    >

    >>and also the ability to close tabs individually.
    >>Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

    > Tab X is the extension you want-
    >
    > http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/clav/#tabx
    >
    > Don't know if it works with 1.5, I'm waiting for a week or two before
    > upgrading.

    Excellent. Thanks for that. It does work with 1.5
    JC, Dec 1, 2005
  16. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:04:56 +1300, someone purporting to be ~misfit~
    didst scrawl:

    > Matthew Poole wrote:

    *SNIP*
    >> Edit, Preferences, Advanced. In the Tabbed Browsing section, you can
    >> get it to display the tab bar when only one tab is open.

    > Or, in the case of 1.0.7, Tools, Options, Advanced, uncheck "Hide Tab bar
    > when only one tab open" in the Tabbed browsing section..

    *SNIP*

    Interesting. I'm using 1.0.7, but on FreeBSD. I never really paid any
    attention to the differences in menu layout between the Windows version
    and the FreeBSD version.

    Matthew Poole, Dec 2, 2005
  17. JC

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:
    > On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:04:56 +1300, someone purporting to be ~misfit~
    > didst scrawl:
    >
    >> Matthew Poole wrote:

    > *SNIP*
    >>> Edit, Preferences, Advanced. In the Tabbed Browsing section, you can
    >>> get it to display the tab bar when only one tab is open.

    >> Or, in the case of 1.0.7, Tools, Options, Advanced, uncheck "Hide
    >> Tab bar when only one tab open" in the Tabbed browsing section..
    >>

    > *SNIP*
    >
    > Interesting. I'm using 1.0.7, but on FreeBSD. I never really paid any
    > attention to the differences in menu layout between the Windows
    > version and the FreeBSD version.

    Interesting indeed. Strange that they should be different.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 2, 2005
  18. JC

    Fishb8 Guest

    Get Opera!!
    Fishb8, Dec 2, 2005
  19. JC

    Alden Bates Guest

    JC <> wrote:
    >What I was meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
    >tab.

    The extension Tab Mix Plus will do that...

    Alden
    --
    http://www.tetrap.com
    Alden Bates, Dec 3, 2005
  20. JC

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:18:19 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Matthew Poole wrote:
    >> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:04:56 +1300, someone purporting to be ~misfit~
    >> didst scrawl:
    >>
    >>> Matthew Poole wrote:

    >> *SNIP*
    >>>
    >>> Or, in the case of 1.0.7, Tools, Options, Advanced, uncheck "Hide Tab
    >>> bar when only one tab open" in the Tabbed browsing section..
    >>>

    >> *SNIP*
    >>
    >> Interesting. I'm using 1.0.7, but on FreeBSD. I never really paid any
    >> attention to the differences in menu layout between the Windows version
    >> and the FreeBSD version.

    > Interesting indeed. Strange that they should be different.

    It's an attempt to try to be consistent with the target platform (ie. Gtk
    vs. MS-Windows).
    Murray Symon, Dec 3, 2005