    Does any one know of a program that edits ogg files directly, in the way
    that mp3directcut edits mp3 files, without having the decompress them
    first.

    Ackny, May 3, 2006

  2. Ackny

    thanatoid Guest

    Ackny <> wrote in
    news:Xns97B896B9EB60Acknymsncom@204.153.244.170:

    > Does any one know of a program that edits ogg files
    > directly, in the way that mp3directcut edits mp3 files,
    > without having the decompress them first.

    There may be some program that does it (heard of Google?) but
    the results will not be good, just as "editing" mp3 within that
    format is not good. If you care about your music, you convert it
    wav, do all that is required, and encode it back to whatever.
    It's a little bit of work, but if you love something, it's more
    than worth it. I've tried a few "mp3" editors and they were all
    garbage.

    Gold Wave is quite simple to use and easy on resources (it does
    require a lot of space for temp files though) and I am very
    happy with it.

    --
    thanatoid-TipĀ® #13
    Next time you are in a tall office building, ask to see the

    thanatoid, May 3, 2006

  3. Ackny

    George Guest

    Ackny wrote:
    > Does any one know of a program that edits ogg files directly, in the
    > way that mp3directcut edits mp3 files, without having the decompress
    > them first.

    Soundforge might do it. . .

    George, May 3, 2006