    hacker trying to get in I went to ARIN Whois to check to see who that IP
    belongs to. It showed that it belongs to AT&T internet services which is who
    I have my internet service with. Does anyone know what this was?

    j, Nov 13, 2007

  2. j

    sandy58 Guest

    On Nov 13, 3:13 am, "j" <> wrote:
    > While downloading a file using Orbit (similar to Flashget), my Zonealarm
    > flashed up an alert that said "Orbit downloader wants to accept connections
    > from the internet" and prompted me to allow or deny and I denied. According
    > to the Zonealarm alert, the IP was 151.164.1.8:DNS. Thinking it may be a
    > hacker trying to get in I went to ARIN Whois to check to see who that IP
    > belongs to. It showed that it belongs to AT&T internet services which is who
    > I have my internet service with. Does anyone know what this was?

    Sounds like Orbit thought that AT&T was malicious, set off ZoneAlarm
    etc. Now that you have "formally introduced" them all, hopefully they
    will learn to live happily ever after. :)

    sandy58, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Orbit wants to access the 'net to complete a task you assigned it. ZoneAlarm
    does not know you assigned a task, it only knows something is trying to get
    out to the 'net.

    You have to make Orbit a Trusted Source (or whatever ZoneAlarm calls it)
    within ZoneAlarm.

    ZoneAlarm expects that any effort on the part of your system to get out onto
    the 'net is a cookie phoning home, or something of that nature. If you DID
    NOT expect the outbound call from your computer, then ZoneAlarm did its job.
    If you did expect the outbound call, then ZoneAlarm still did its job, and
    you have to tell ZoneAlarm that this application has permission to go out
    onto the 'net and get stuff.

    The ZoneAlarm message should come with three options, ALLOW ALWAYS, ALLOW
    ONCE, and KEEP BLOCKING. The options might be worded differently, but you
    should be able to get the meaning.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 14, 2007