  1. When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading Setup
    modules".

    Should I re-download Vista>?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=, Jun 15, 2006

  2. It could be the image file or it could be the dvd. Try burning at a
    different speed.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 15, 2006

  3. I've burned it twice, once with Nero and next with DVD Decrypter with verify.
    I'm already re-downloading the image file. So hopefully that corrects the
    problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=, Jun 15, 2006
  4. I have just come from a chat session with the shell team and the moderator
    inserted a notice for MVP's to advise users to use a different burn speed.
    This apparently the dominant solution.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 15, 2006
  5. I've different speeds and I still get the error. In fact, the ones burned at
    the lower speed won't even boot up. It has now been 7 dvd's.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=, Jun 15, 2006
  6. I have tried UltraISO, Nero, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, and ImgBurn. I'm
    giving up.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=, Jun 15, 2006
  7. What finally worked for me was to make sure I did everything on the same
    drive. I was downloading and burning on a helper machine and then using the
    dvd in my test machine. When I set things up so I could burn the dvd in the
    same drive I was using to install Vista from I had no more problems. Not
    that I think that this is your situation, but there does appear to be a
    variety of causes of this problem, with burn speed being at the top of the
    list.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 15, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

    Guest

    Try MagicISO, http://www.magiciso.com/
    Atrocity wrote:
    > When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading Setup
    > modules".
    >
    > Should I re-download Vista>?

    , Jun 16, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

    Yak64 Guest

    I have heard that DVDs can have problems if you burn them at a much
    lower speed than they're rated for, but it's not an issue I've had
    myself.

    Maybe just the disk you're using I suppose, my LG doesn't like R03
    types at all and if I could get a good burn they detiriorate very
    quickly. MMCs in the same drive work fine though.

    Yak64, Jun 17, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

    Guest

    I'm getting this error in VMWare using the ISO directly mounted, so it
    can't be to do with DVD write speeds.

    Yak64 wrote:
    > I have heard that DVDs can have problems if you burn them at a much
    > lower speed than they're rated for, but it's not an issue I've had
    > myself.
    >
    > Maybe just the disk you're using I suppose, my LG doesn't like R03
    > types at all and if I could get a good burn they detiriorate very
    > quickly. MMCs in the same drive work fine though.
    >
    > >On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:18:01 -0700, Atrocity <> wrote:

    > >I've different speeds and I still get the error. In fact, the ones burned at
    > >the lower speed won't even boot up. It has now been 7 dvd's.
    > >
    > >"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have just come from a chat session with the shell team and the moderator
    > >> inserted a notice for MVP's to advise users to use a different burn speed.
    > >> This apparently the dominant solution.

    , Jun 22, 2006