    Thanks in advance

    ~ Leesa ~

    , Apr 4, 2008

  2. Phat Sam Guest

    On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:44:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    >I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a boxing
    >match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers saying
    >ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    >
    >I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it
    >in my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what
    >this means?

    It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    Phat Sam, Apr 4, 2008

  3. dadiOH Guest

    wrote:
    > I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a
    > boxing match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers
    > saying ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    >
    > I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it
    > in my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what
    > this means?

    The word is "arriba". It means "above" or "upstairs". Colloquially,
    it is used to mean, "Go, man, GO!"

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Apr 4, 2008
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-04-04, dadiOH <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a
    >> boxing match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers
    >> saying ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    >>
    >> I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it
    >> in my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what
    >> this means?

    > The word is "arriba". It means "above" or "upstairs". Colloquially,
    > it is used to mean, "Go, man, GO!"

    Or 'Associate of the Royal Institute of British Architects'. But that
    doesn't seem to have any connection with fist-fighting (at least not the
    sort with gloves that gets onto TV).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 4, 2008
  5. Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Phat Sam
    <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:44:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >
    > >I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a boxing
    > >match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers saying
    > >ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    > >
    > >I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it
    > >in my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what
    > >this means?

    > It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    > the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    > Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    The second word was andale.

    Mitch, Apr 4, 2008
  6. Mara Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:43:56 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mitch wrote:
    >> In article <>, Phat Sam
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    >>> the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    >>> Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    >> The second word was andale.

    >Maybe Speedy was wanting Andrea to GO MAN GO.

    Yep. Get up and get going.

    --
    Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
    you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
    -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

    Mara, Apr 4, 2008
  7. Mara wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:43:56 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mitch wrote:

    >>> The second word was andale.

    >>Maybe Speedy was wanting Andrea to GO MAN GO.

    > Yep. Get up and get going.

    Ariba Derche Roma! <grin>

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    Kubuntu 7.10 64bit OS

    William Poaster, Apr 4, 2008
  8. Guest

    Phat Sam <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:44:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >
    >>I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a boxing
    >>match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers saying
    >>ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    >>
    >>I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it
    >>in my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what
    >>this means?

    >It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    >the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    >Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    I used to be the fastest runner at any school I was at -I was at a lot
    (my was in the Air Force) and was used to being called
    Speedy Gonzalas :)

    Until now I just thought - Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! ment hurry,
    go faster :)

    Bt it doesn't, wish I had the internet when I was younger
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060929023057AA8IC3N
    roughly, "Rise up, lets get going!"
    --

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/385711/asians_are_funny/

    , Apr 4, 2008
  9. Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >> I used to be the fastest runner at any school I was at

    >The smallest boy, eh? :)

    Yep, out sprint anyone, later in life on many different jobs, I'd hear
    "your small enough to fit" :}
    --

    Johnny 5 is Alive - Short Circuit Being Remade!
    http://tinyurl.com/5tz6eo

    , Apr 5, 2008
  10. Pennywise wrote:

    > Phat Sam <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:44:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a boxing
    >>>match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers saying
    >>>ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    >>>
    >>>I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it in
    >>>my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what this
    >>>means?

    >>It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all the
    >>time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast Senior....
    >>Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    > I used to be the fastest runner at any school I was at

    The smallest boy, eh? :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2008
  11. catchme Guest

    Phat Sam wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:44:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >
    >> I am not sure of the correct spelling of this word but I saw a boxing
    >> match the other night and I kept hearing one of the trainers saying
    >> ARIBA (A-REE-BA) over and over again.
    >>
    >> I am assuming that this is a SPANISH word but cannot seem to find it
    >> in my spanish dictionary. Does anyone here have an idea as to what
    >> this means?

    > It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    > the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    > Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    i think the word is arriva- to arrive.
    a-reba is what a certain country singer's might say when calling her.
    "A,....Reba!"

    --
    but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist
    whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters

    catchme, Apr 5, 2008

    http://www.answers.com/arriba&r=67

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2008
  13. "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > catchme wrote:
    >
    >> Phat Sam wrote:

    >>> It's Mexican all-right. Speedy Gonzalas (Cartoon) used to say it all
    >>> the time... Ariba Ariba, Andrea, Andrea.... I think it means Fast
    >>> Senior.... Not positive as I have french heritage ;-)

    >> i think the word is arriva- to arrive.

    > http://www.answers.com/arriba&r=67
    >

    > --
    > Blinky
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    > Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

    It is arriba - it means above or overhead and is used to shout " Up with
    Spain" Arriba Espana

    Geoff Pearson, Apr 5, 2008
  14. >>> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:44:14 -0700 (PDT),

    >> i think the word is arriva- to arrive.

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote ==>

    > http://www.answers.com/arriba&r=67

    Dang it! I knew my Latino ladies would say it repeatedly
    quite loudly and sometimes scream it during the heights
    of our romantic interludes, so I *naturally* thought it
    was "Oh God" in Spanish!

    I would think as I ramped up the intensity "That's right,
    you infidel heathen wench, I got your 'Arriba' right here...
    (but tomorrow, you're going back to the Home Depot I got
    you from.)" "Nanny for a day," d'uh, who'd be dumb enuf?

    Now... I don't know if I can *ever* recover the fantasy,
    without "Blinky" standing there dressed like a school
    professor with his handy-dandy Funk & Wagnells in hand.

    Oh well, I guess we could dress him like a Puerto Rican nun....

    Arriva derche, ya'll!

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    Top secrets our government does NOT want YOU to know :

    #42 - Citizens are being secretly abducted into alien motherships.
    (That's why you see so many tennis shoes hanging from power lines.)

    http://www.jonregen.com/audio/WORDS_MUSIC_2006-Finished_Wi.m3u

    Bucky Breeder, Apr 5, 2008
  15. Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >>> i think the word is arriva- to arrive.

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote ==>
    >>
    >> http://www.answers.com/arriba&r=67

    > Dang it! I knew my Latino ladies would say it repeatedly quite loudly and
    > sometimes scream it during the heights of our romantic interludes, so I
    > *naturally* thought it was "Oh God" in Spanish!

    "Other hole! Other hole!"

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2008
  16. Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:05:44 -0800, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Dang it! I knew my Latino ladies would say it repeatedly quite loudly and
    >> sometimes scream it during the heights of our romantic interludes, so I
    >> *naturally* thought it was "Oh God" in Spanish!

    > "Other hole! Other hole!"

    LOL!

    Could it mean: "Put it in! Put it in!" ?

    Dan C, Apr 6, 2008
  17. Phat Sam Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:55:18 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >> i think the word is arriva- to arrive.

    >http://www.answers.com/arriba&r=67

    Hmmm, according to that link, Speedy's saying "I'm happy! I'm Happy!"
    I guess he's running so fast because he just got laid and feels
    great....

    Phat Sam, Apr 7, 2008
  18. Phat Sam Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:28:45 GMT, "dadiOH" <>
    wrote:

    >The word is "arriba". It means "above" or "upstairs". Colloquially,
    >it is used to mean, "Go, man, GO!"

    Ahh, ya see, there ya go, the Latino Ladies where saying "Go upstairs
    not downstairs...." They where telling you they'd rather give you a
    blow-job! Oh man, why wouldn't you just listen to them?

    Phat Sam, Apr 7, 2008
  19. Phat Sam wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:55:18 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> i think the word is arriva- to arrive.

    No. I did not write that. And I knew that it was not arriva.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 8, 2008