    I download latest version of quicktime so I can watch the movie trailers on
    the apple page and now all I get is a question mark where the movie should
    be, what the hell does this mean, can anyone help?
    rising, Mar 22, 2007

  2. rising

    David Empson Guest

    "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:

    > I download latest version of quicktime so I can watch the movie trailers on
    > the apple page and now all I get is a question mark where the movie should
    > be, what the hell does this mean, can anyone help?

    In general, a question mark displayed in your web browser probably
    indicates one of these things:

    (a) A broken link on the web page, so the referenced video can't be
    found. This is unlikely to be the case here.

    (b) A problem with your Internet connection, resulting in the referenced
    video not able to be fully loaded. I got this quite often while I was
    trying access some overseas web sites when I was on Go Large. Are you
    able to view other video formats (e.g. Flash or AVI) on web sites
    without problems?

    (c) Your web browser doesn't know what to do with the video, due to a
    configuration problem in the web browser, or because the QuickTime
    plugin wasn't installed correctly, or something else is interfering with
    it.

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Mar 22, 2007

  3. rising

    rising Guest

    "David Empson" <> wrote in message
    > "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:
    >
    >> I download latest version of quicktime so I can watch the movie trailers
    >> on
    >> the apple page and now all I get is a question mark where the movie
    >> should
    >> be, what the hell does this mean, can anyone help?

    > In general, a question mark displayed in your web browser probably
    > indicates one of these things:
    >
    > (a) A broken link on the web page, so the referenced video can't be
    > found. This is unlikely to be the case here.
    >
    > (b) A problem with your Internet connection, resulting in the referenced
    > video not able to be fully loaded. I got this quite often while I was
    > trying access some overseas web sites when I was on Go Large. Are you
    > able to view other video formats (e.g. Flash or AVI) on web sites
    > without problems?
    >
    > (c) Your web browser doesn't know what to do with the video, due to a
    > configuration problem in the web browser, or because the QuickTime
    > plugin wasn't installed correctly, or something else is interfering with
    > it.
    >
    > --
    > David Empson

    Thanks, option c sounds like the problem then, unfortunately this means not
    an easy fix like I was hoping so I will just give it a miss for now.
    rising, Mar 22, 2007
  4. "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:

    > "David Empson" <> wrote in message
    > > "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I download latest version of quicktime so I can watch the movie trailers
    > >> on
    > >> the apple page and now all I get is a question mark where the movie
    > >> should
    > >> be, what the hell does this mean, can anyone help?

    > > In general, a question mark displayed in your web browser probably
    > > indicates one of these things:
    > >
    > > (a) A broken link on the web page, so the referenced video can't be
    > > found. This is unlikely to be the case here.
    > >
    > > (b) A problem with your Internet connection, resulting in the referenced
    > > video not able to be fully loaded. I got this quite often while I was
    > > trying access some overseas web sites when I was on Go Large. Are you
    > > able to view other video formats (e.g. Flash or AVI) on web sites
    > > without problems?
    > >
    > > (c) Your web browser doesn't know what to do with the video, due to a
    > > configuration problem in the web browser, or because the QuickTime
    > > plugin wasn't installed correctly, or something else is interfering with
    > > it.
    > >
    > > --
    > > David Empson
    > >

    > Thanks, option c sounds like the problem then, unfortunately this means not
    > an easy fix like I was hoping so I will just give it a miss for now.

    What web browser are you using?
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Mar 23, 2007
  5. rising

    rising Guest

    "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message
    > "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:
    >
    >> "David Empson" <> wrote in message

    >> > In general, a question mark displayed in your web browser probably
    >> > indicates one of these things:
    >> >
    >> > (a) A broken link on the web page, so the referenced video can't be
    >> > found. This is unlikely to be the case here.
    >> >
    >> > (b) A problem with your Internet connection, resulting in the
    >> > referenced
    >> > video not able to be fully loaded. I got this quite often while I was
    >> > trying access some overseas web sites when I was on Go Large. Are you
    >> > able to view other video formats (e.g. Flash or AVI) on web sites
    >> > without problems?
    >> >
    >> > (c) Your web browser doesn't know what to do with the video, due to a
    >> > configuration problem in the web browser, or because the QuickTime
    >> > plugin wasn't installed correctly, or something else is interfering
    >> > with
    >> > it.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > David Empson
    >> >

    >> Thanks, option c sounds like the problem then, unfortunately this means
    >> not
    >> an easy fix like I was hoping so I will just give it a miss for now.

    > What web browser are you using?
    > --
    > If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

    Firefox2 and i.e 6, problem exists in both.
    rising, Mar 23, 2007
  6. "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:

    > "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message
    > > "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "David Empson" <> wrote in message

    > >> Thanks, option c sounds like the problem then, unfortunately this means
    > >> not
    > >> an easy fix like I was hoping so I will just give it a miss for now.

    > > What web browser are you using?
    > > --
    > > If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

    > Firefox2 and i.e 6, problem exists in both.

    Then it sounds like the QT installation went awry. Uninstall and
    reinstall is my advice.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Mar 24, 2007
  7. rising

    Bobs Guest

    On Mar 22, 4:16 pm, "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:
    > I download latest version of quicktime so I can watch the movie trailers on
    > the apple page and now all I get is a question mark where the movie should
    > be, what the hell does this mean, can anyone help?

    The question mark is your computer asking you why the hell you
    installed such a bloated and shit encrusted program like Quicktime.
    Bobs, Mar 24, 2007
  8. Bobs <> wrote:

    > On Mar 22, 4:16 pm, "rising" <rising@sun> wrote:
    > > I download latest version of quicktime so I can watch the movie trailers on
    > > the apple page and now all I get is a question mark where the movie should
    > > be, what the hell does this mean, can anyone help?

    > The question mark is your computer asking you why the hell you
    > installed such a bloated and shit encrusted program like Quicktime.

    LMAO! :-D
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Mar 24, 2007