    (shrinkwrap)

    weather it the same or not I dont know

    anybody ever bought any of these ?

    Rob, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Rob

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > as per subject
    >
    > dvds that last the same length as a box set ( 18 hrs ) but cost
    > half the price
    >
    > I'm searching on google and a few peeps ask similer questions
    >
    > found a foriegn web page that said something about (Promotion
    > Edition) (shrinkwrap)
    >
    > weather it the same or not I dont know
    >
    > anybody ever bought any of these ?

    When referring to music , promos are often given out to shops , radio
    stations etc in advance of general release.
    They are often on CDR with a plain white label.
    Some genuine ones can be quite valuable but in the main they aren't , and
    they don't always have the same content as the eventual release.

    Promo DVDs do also exist , but you are just as likely to find that it's a
    pirate copy that someone is trying to sell as a genuine promo.

    --
    Alex

    "I laugh in the face of danger"
    "Then I hide until it goes away"

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk
    www.sffh.co.uk
    www.upce.org.uk

    Dr Zoidberg, Jan 7, 2005

  3. "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > as per subject
    >
    > dvds that last the same length as a box set ( 18 hrs ) but cost half
    > the price
    >
    > I'm searching on google and a few peeps ask similer questions
    >
    > found a foriegn web page that said something about (Promotion Edition)
    > (shrinkwrap)
    >
    > weather it the same or not I dont know
    >
    > anybody ever bought any of these ?

    if it is a fox dvd like the buffy/futurama boxsets etc the promotional
    editions are usualy the ones set aside for cheap promotions i.e. buy one get
    one free etc shouldnt list it as such on the packaging but the ordering code
    may have it in the title
    PJ

    PJ\(the original!\), Jan 7, 2005
  4. Rob

    DH Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > as per subject
    > dvds that last the same length as a box set ( 18 hrs ) but cost half the
    > price
    > I'm searching on google and a few peeps ask similer questions
    > found a foriegn web page that said something about (Promotion Edition)
    > (shrinkwrap)
    > weather it the same or not I dont know
    > anybody ever bought any of these ?

    Usually also marked "not for resale" so beware if importing...

    Im still trying to sell my Promo copy of Children of Dune :- 3 DVD set in a std
    audio CD quad case, no labels or inserts, no ID on the discs either.

    Obviously not a collectors item this time....

    DH

    DH, Jan 7, 2005