    Kyle

    $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Richard Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:

    > I'm considering replacing my Outlook Express finally and this seems to be
    > the best e-mail client out there that also doubles as a news reader.
    > Opinions?

    Yet another IE look alike.
    Can somebody please come up with something new and different?
    Richard, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Shel-hed Guest

    Good for email, lousy for news.

    Shel-hed, Nov 26, 2004
  4. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Moree Guest

    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> wrote
    message news:41a696ae$0$31423$:

    > I'm considering replacing my Outlook Express finally and this
    > seems to be the best e-mail client out there that also doubles
    > as a news reader. Opinions?

    Mozilla browser and Xnews for news reader.
    Moree, Nov 26, 2004
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:
    > I'm considering replacing my Outlook Express finally and this seems to be
    > the best e-mail client out there that also doubles as a news reader.
    > Opinions?

    I like it. I switch back and forth between Thunderbird and Mozilla and
    Netscape for mail and text newsgroups, Agent or XNews for binary newsgroups.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 26, 2004
  6. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    totsob Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:
    > I'm considering replacing my Outlook Express finally and this seems to be
    > the best e-mail client out there that also doubles as a news reader.
    > Opinions?

    I like it for mail and news.
    totsob, Nov 26, 2004
  7. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news::

    > Yet another IE look alike.

    Thunderbird does not remotely resemble Internet Explorer. At all.
    Jim Berwick, Nov 26, 2004
  8. In news:, Rôgêr <>
    first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing was small, so next
    used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray
    paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for
    this:

    > I like it. I switch back and forth between Thunderbird and Mozilla and
    > Netscape for mail and text newsgroups, Agent or XNews for binary
    > newsgroups.

    You sound much like me. I use OE right now for e-mail and text newsgroups
    with some picture groups, but mostly the binary groups I use Newsbin Pro ...
    especially for MP3s or MPEG/AVI files.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Nov 26, 2004
  9. In news:, totsob <> first
    attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing was small, so next used
    sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray
    paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for
    this:

    > I like it for mail and news.

    News? Text only news or do you also use this for binary groups such as
    photo groups? I'm curious because in OE there's a thing called "Combine and
    Decode" that puts files back together for viewing or such and I'm curious as
    to how Thunderbird handles such files?
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Nov 26, 2004
  10. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    gb Guest

    How does an email client (Thunderbird) resemble an internet browser (IE)?

    gb, Nov 26, 2004
  11. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Mike245 Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news::
    >

    >>Yet another IE look alike.
    >>

    > Thunderbird does not remotely resemble Internet Explorer. At all.

    Thunderbird is a mail news client. I'm using it right now. Love it. :)

    Firefox is what youre probably thinking. Its not a clone of IE, its
    completely different code with neat features like tabs, better security,
    hard to get spyware, built in pop-up blocker, etc.

    Its excellent. Its worth making the switch, just to avoid viruses and
    protect your PC.

    --
    Mike
    Be nerdy, join nerdfilter.
    Mike245, Nov 27, 2004
  12. In news:, Mike245
    <> first attempted to communicate with
    pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Thunderbird is a mail news client. I'm using it right now. Love it. :)
    >
    > Firefox is what youre probably thinking. Its not a clone of IE, its
    > completely different code with neat features like tabs, better
    > security, hard to get spyware, built in pop-up blocker, etc.
    >
    > Its excellent. Its worth making the switch, just to avoid viruses and
    > protect your PC.

    Hey Mike, care if I ask how it handles newsgroups? Specifically large files
    such as photos or smaller AVIs?
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Nov 28, 2004