    zxcvar Guest

    Greetings! Can some one explain what does the abbreviations Dx, Ls and
    other abbreviations Kodak uses? With thanks.
    zxcvar, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Those are model types/levels much the same as what car manufacturers use:
    Honda Civics come in DX, LX, EX, and SI. This typically describes the type
    (from basic to sporty). The same is true for Kodak consumer digital
    cameras.

    For Kodak the CX line of camera is the basic digital point-n-shoot. Most of
    the features/functions are automatically chosen by the camera.

    The LS line is for those that are into appearances. Notice that these
    cameras are small, sleek, svelte, etc. You have some creative control. You
    definitely have the high-tech looking camera bodies that are cool-n-small
    (also sometimes slippery and ungainly in the hand).

    The DX line is for the photographer that wants the most creative control and
    is more concerned with a comfortable/natural camera grip than size or looks.

    In general if you have spent a majority of your photographic time using
    disposable or simple point-n-shoot film cameras then the CX line should do
    just fine.

    If you want to have the sexiest camera with the GQ appeal go for the LS
    line.

    If you have or want to explore more creative photography then choose the DX.

    Fred T. Mahusay, Jun 23, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Zxcvar,

    The references are found on our website under the link Digital Cameras. If
    you visit that site you will find a listing for the three groups of camera
    types.

    CX = Point-and-shoot simplicity lets you start shooting right out of the
    box.

    DX = High performance features give you more creative control for just the
    shot you want.

    LS = High-tech meets high style. All the features you want housed in a sleek
    metallic package.

    They are just designators of what features the cameras include.

    Talk to you soon, let me know if you have questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jun 24, 2004
  4. On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:46:26 -0400, Ron Baird hath writ:
    > "zxcvar" <> wrote in message
    >> Greetings! Can some one explain what does the abbreviations Dx, Ls and
    >> other abbreviations Kodak uses? With thanks.

    > The references are found on our website under the link Digital Cameras. If
    > you visit that site you will find a listing for the three groups of camera
    > types.
    >
    > CX = Point-and-shoot simplicity lets you start shooting right out of the
    > box.
    >
    > DX = High performance features give you more creative control for just the
    > shot you want.
    >
    > LS = High-tech meets high style. All the features you want housed in a sleek
    > metallic package.
    >
    > They are just designators of what features the cameras include.
    >
    > Talk to you soon, let me know if you have questions.

    I thought they meant the same as what they mean in automobile
    designations: It is marketing-speak conveying nothing of substance.

    Jonesy
    Allodoxaphobia, Jun 24, 2004