    that C in C-4040 means cameras for advanced users and D meant
    camera for amateurs. In Kodak Cx means cameras for beginners and Dx
    means cameras for advanced camera users.] Just Curious.
    zxcvar, Nov 27, 2004

  2. "zxcvar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Greetings! What does the word DSC means? Does it Digital Sony Camera?

    Digital Still Camera.

    > What does the the P nomenclature in P series camera means?

    Nothing. The letter prefix indicates the camera shape, in this case long,
    thin, asymmetric with the lens towards the right hand side of the camera
    face. The P series are, indeed, aimed at the "point and shoot" beginner
    market- though the current P100, P120 and P150 have manual shutter modes-
    but then so are the U, T and W series. Only the V and F series are aimed
    higher, at the "prosumer" market.

    no, and yes...."
    Martin Francis, Nov 27, 2004