    it saying "HSP Modem, driver does not support your hardware". What's
    wrong and what can I do? Thanks for any advice.

    JCRitchie
    John Ritchie, Aug 2, 2007

  2. "John Ritchie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I had to reinstall the OS in my computer. Now when I try to get on
    > the internet, I get a message window with a yelow exclamation point in
    > it saying "HSP Modem, driver does not support your hardware". What's
    > wrong and what can I do? Thanks for any advice.
    >
    > JCRitchie

    Maybe you need to uninstall and then re-install whatever modem you use to
    connect to the Internet. If the modem came with the PC then the driver for
    it should be on a disk somewhere, with the stuff that came with the
    computer, otherwise if it's a service-provider's modem (such as a Virgin or
    BT one, etc) then just find the stuff that came with it and reinstall it
    using their instructions. To uninstall, go to Control Panel, System,
    Hardware, Device Manager, and find the modem in there (might have a '?' next
    to it, as it's not working), and uninstall it from there. I don't know if
    you are using a modem which is built in, or separate. If built in,
    sometimes it is necessary to also remove the modem from the PC, install the
    soft ware, shut down, fit the modem, and re-boot. It all depends what the
    instructions say. Another possibility is that the driver you have was for
    an earlier operating system, and someone installed a later driver which you
    have now lost. If so, find an ID No. on the modem, and maker's name if
    poss, and do a net search for that name/number and 'driver download'.
    Drivers for most things can be got free, often from the manufacturer's site.

    Hope some of that helps.

    Tim.
    . . . . . Timothy . . . . ., Aug 2, 2007

  3. John Ritchie

    John Ritchie Guest

    To Tim,
    Thanks for the help!