    what does CATCH UP mean??
    Thanks.FRED C..

    ---

    fredcromer, Apr 29, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel fredcromer
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Because of the small amount of GIG, I only download 200 messages a
    > time, what does CATCH UP mean??
    > Thanks.FRED C..

    Mark all as read.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Patrick Guest

    fredcromer wrote:
    > Because of the small amount of GIG, I only download 200 messages a
    > time, what does CATCH UP mean??
    > Thanks.FRED C..

    click 'Help' menu,
    click 'Contents and Index' (or press F1),
    select 'Index' tab,
    type in the text box; "Catch",
    click 'Display' button

    Pertinent part of text at this point being;
    To mark all messages in a selected newsgroup as read, including messages not
    yet downloaded, select the newsgroup in the Folders list. On the Edit menu,
    click Catch Up.
    This is handy, for example, when you return from vacation and don't want to
    download all unread messages, but want to start reading the current ones.

    Patrick, Apr 29, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    °Mike° Guest

    Catch up retrieves the highest message number from
    your news server, for the group/s selected. It does
    not download any headers, and has the effect of
    setting your news reader to download only articles
    or messages posted after you used 'Catch Up'.

    And please turn off the broken AVG signature, it
    serves no purpose.

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:26:55 +0100, in
    <>
    fredcromer scrawled:

    >Because of the small amount of GIG, I only download 200 messages a time,
    >what does CATCH UP mean??
    >Thanks.FRED C..

    <snip broken AVG sig.>

    --