    HOLD YOUR PEACE :)

    Any takers?
    The Management.

    Infant Newbie, May 23, 2007

  2. Infant Newbie

    Henry Hooray Guest

    "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    news:f305k2$fij$2surf.net...
    > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
    > in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
    > FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :)
    >
    > Any takers?
    > The Management.

    Nope.

    Henry Hooray, May 23, 2007

  3. Infant Newbie

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    > out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    > would like from our service

    No spam.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 23, 2007
  4. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    >> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    >> would like from our service

    > No spam.

    What makes this spam? It is a genuine request. This is a group with quite
    considerable discussion about the pros and cons of VOIP Service Providers.
    Why dont we try and get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
    not advertising any site at all.

    Infant Newbie, May 24, 2007
  5. "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
    >> in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
    >> FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :)
    >>
    >> Any takers?
    >> The Management.

    > Nope.

    Why not? Wont you like a good service from a provider who wants to hear your
    views?

    Infant Newbie, May 24, 2007
  6. Infant Newbie

    RH Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    >> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    >> would like from our service

    > No spam.

    I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as I define it is ; 1
    way blatent advertising.
    this message did not advertise any company or product and was a genuine
    question trying to bring up a worthwhile discussion.

    RH, May 24, 2007
  7. Infant Newbie

    RH Guest

    > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
    > in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
    > FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :)
    >
    > Any takers?
    > The Management.

    Not sure why other have been so against your post as most people complain
    companies do not listen to what potential customer want. Maybe if SIPGATE
    had some respect for their customers and listen to them, they would not get
    so slagged off on here.

    My Needs;

    I use VOIP for work, the service I need has to be rock solid, easy to
    administer and with lots of functions. cost is an issue in that it should
    be value for money
    not cheap.

    Features I like/would like in a service :
    PSTN fallover/divert
    Voicemail Configuration - on/off when to kick in
    Decent range of DID not 0870 numbers - Willing to pay for
    Competive Call charges, not silly free calls or silly overprices 20p/m
    mobile calls
    Work with Trixbox/Asterisk
    Callme URL

    Extra functions
    If you can incorporate PBX type functions at a good rate then you will have
    a winner, functions like :
    blacklist
    IVR
    Call routing
    On Hold Music
    If you can do prompts via text files like callagenix do (not a voip provider
    but a virtual pbx company) that would be great

    Just some thoughts,

    RH, May 24, 2007
  8. Infant Newbie

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:38 +0100, "RH" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >>> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    >>> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    >>> would like from our service

    >> No spam.

    >I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as I define it is ; 1
    >way blatent advertising.
    >this message did not advertise any company or product and was a genuine
    >question trying to bring up a worthwhile discussion.

    I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it might not be
    considerd as spam - unless you consider it as market research spam.
    I am going to give it the botd.

    O.K., I was hoping I wouildn't be the first here ...
    1. Obvious stuff like reliability and good quality audio.
    2. Good prices including a flat rate to landlines like voip.co.uk and
    vyke.co.uk. Decent mobile rates.
    3. Good voicemail facility.
    4. MUST work with Voxalot.
    5. Usual inclusive 'network services' (i.e. 1471 etc.) additions.
    6. Inclusive geo incoming number.

    Now, the above should create some comment... :)

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 24, 2007
  9. Infant Newbie

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    > > > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are
    > > > sounding out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me
    > > > what you would like from our service

    > > No spam.
    > >

    > What makes this spam?

    It's unsolicited. That's the definition of spam.

    > It is a genuine request. This is a
    > group with quite considerable discussion about the pros
    > and cons of VOIP Service Providers. Why dont we try and
    > get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
    > not advertising any site at all.

    Of course not.

    <Plonk>

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 24, 2007
  10. Infant Newbie

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:38 +0100, "RH"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > No spam.

    > > I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as
    > > I define it is ; 1 way blatent advertising.
    > > this message did not advertise any company or product
    > > and was a genuine question trying to bring up a
    > > worthwhile discussion.

    > I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it
    > might not be considerd as spam - unless you consider it
    > as market research spam.

    It's still spam. It was unsolicited and the poster doesn't give an email
    address that is valid, nor a website to check out. Not signs of a
    reputable company IMO.

    > I am going to give it the botd.
    >
    > O.K., I was hoping I wouildn't be the first here ...
    > 1. Obvious stuff like reliability and good quality audio.
    > 2. Good prices including a flat rate to landlines like
    > voip.co.uk and vyke.co.uk. Decent mobile rates.
    > 3. Good voicemail facility.
    > 4. MUST work with Voxalot.
    > 5. Usual inclusive 'network services' (i.e. 1471 etc.)
    > additions.
    > 6. Inclusive geo incoming number.
    >
    > Now, the above should create some comment... :)

    Add to the above - don't spam newsgroups.

    Ivor Jones, May 24, 2007
  11. Infant Newbie

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    > > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    > > out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    > > would like from our service - OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR
    > > PEACE :) Any takers?
    > > The Management.

    > Not sure why other have been so against your post as most
    > people complain companies do not listen to what potential
    > customer want. Maybe if SIPGATE had some respect for
    > their customers and listen to them, they would not get so
    > slagged off on here.

    Strange, I've never had any issues with them. At least they have an
    accessible website and email addresses that work.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 24, 2007
  12. Infant Newbie

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >>> No spam.
    >>>

    >> What makes this spam?

    > It's unsolicited. That's the definition of spam.

    In that case, every single root message is spam.

    Desk Rabbit, May 24, 2007
  13. Infant Newbie

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:38 +0100, "RH"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>> I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as
    >>> I define it is ; 1 way blatent advertising.
    >>> this message did not advertise any company or product
    >>> and was a genuine question trying to bring up a
    >>> worthwhile discussion.

    >> I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it
    >> might not be considerd as spam - unless you consider it
    >> as market research spam.

    > It's still spam. It was unsolicited and the poster doesn't give an email
    > address that is valid, nor a website to check out.

    Make up your mind. If they had posted a web site you'd be complaining it
    was spam now you are complaining its spam because they didn't post a web
    site! FFS!

    Desk Rabbit, May 24, 2007
  14. Infant Newbie

    alexd Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message

    >> What makes this spam?

    > It's unsolicited. That's the definition of spam.

    In your opinion. If you don't like the thread, just ignore it.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:01:46 up 25 days, 19:02, 2 users, load average: 0.26, 0.37, 0.27

    alexd, May 24, 2007
  15. Infant Newbie

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Infant Newbie wrote:
    > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals in
    > this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR FOREVER
    > HOLD YOUR PEACE :)
    >
    > Any takers?
    > The Management.

    First ignore Ivor.

    Second, number one top of the list is reliability. The telephone is one
    of those pieces of equipment that people pick up and expect to work
    first time, every time. In fact for a PSTN or PBX phone not to work is
    so rare as to be unimaginable these days. Some VOIP services on the
    other hand can be unreliable and if your system doesn't work then
    customers will walk. I recall the days I used to work in local radio
    when digital audio systems were the new thing. We had to keep the
    servers and playout systems up 24x7 365. Even a few minutes downtime was
    a disaster as listeners would just retune to a different station and
    that means lost revenue for a commercial station.

    Next comes call quality - If it sounds ropey then no matter what the
    call costs people won't use it for long.

    Next is call cost. I suggest you don't aim to be the cheapest and I
    guess there is only so low you can go anyway.

    Then comes interoperability. You need to support a wide range of phones
    and other VOIP providers. For me I'd want to see Asterisk support as well.

    And the foundation stone & secret ingredient that will keep you going
    and bring in new clients every day - First class customer service & support.

    Good luck!

    Desk Rabbit, May 24, 2007
  16. Infant Newbie

    RH Guest

    >> Not sure why other have been so against your post as most
    >> people complain companies do not listen to what potential
    >> customer want. Maybe if SIPGATE had some respect for
    >> their customers and listen to them, they would not get so
    >> slagged off on here.

    > Strange, I've never had any issues with them. At least they have an
    > accessible website and email addresses that work.

    Ivor never said you had issues, never said I had issues with sipgate but
    others had, any kind of company being proactive
    with customer feedback should be welcomed.

    uk.telecom.voip would be far better if we had more good constructive
    threads. Finding what people like in an ISP service is far more
    constructive than your pointless THIS IS SPAM messages, sometimes I think
    you enjoy being spammed so you can get into high and mighty
    BS mode like a over zealous traffic warden.

    RH, May 24, 2007
  17. Infant Newbie

    NicHughes Guest

    On 23 May, 18:17, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message

    > > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    > > out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    > > would like from our service

    > No spam.

    That's right, this is no spam. So they are off to a good start on that
    requirement then.

    With a Breidbart Index of precisely 1 it bears no resemblance at all
    to the accepted definitions of usenet spam.

    --
    Nic

    NicHughes, May 24, 2007
  18. Infant Newbie

    Guest

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 00:33:53 +0100, "Infant Newbie"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    >>> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
    >>> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
    >>> would like from our service

    >> No spam.
    >>

    >What makes this spam? It is a genuine request. This is a group with quite
    >considerable discussion about the pros and cons of VOIP Service Providers.
    >Why dont we try and get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
    >not advertising any site at all.

    Take no notice Ivor is totally obsessed with spam.

    , May 25, 2007
  19. Infant Newbie

    Guest

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 17:03:35 +0100, alexd <>
    wrote:

    >Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >> "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message

    >>> What makes this spam?

    >> It's unsolicited. That's the definition of spam.

    >In your opinion. If you don't like the thread, just ignore it.

    He couldn't how else could he get himself noticed don't forget he
    OWN'S this forum or thinks he does .

    , May 25, 2007
  20. Infant Newbie

    Guest

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:55:54 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >It's still spam. It was unsolicited and the poster doesn't give an email
    >address that is valid, nor a website to check out. Not signs of a
    >reputable company IMO.

    Ivor go away until till you can think of some other words to type
    besides spam there's a good chap you are totally obsessed with spam .

    , May 25, 2007