    doesn't so I use Magic File Renamer everytime after I import photos
    (using the format YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM-SS.jpg).

    Is there a better way?

    VancitysFinest, Jan 8, 2007

  2. VancitysFinest wrote:
    > I have a Canon S3 using Windows XP & Picasa (have Photoshop too) and
    > would love if my Canon would allow me to have a custom filename, but
    > it doesn't so I use Magic File Renamer everytime after I import photos
    > (using the format YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM-SS.jpg).
    >
    > Is there a better way?

    I use PIE from Picmeta:

    http://www.hoju.de/

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 8, 2007

  3. VancitysFinest

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 21:53:32 -0800, VancitysFinest wrote:

    > I have a Canon S3 using Windows XP & Picasa (have Photoshop too) and
    > would love if my Canon would allow me to have a custom filename, but it
    > doesn't so I use Magic File Renamer everytime after I import photos
    > (using the format YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM-SS.jpg).
    >
    > Is there a better way?

    Yes. I'd use Linux and probably find with exif.

    ray, Jan 8, 2007
  4. VancitysFinest

    Brad Powers Guest

    I use BreezeBrowser Pro - a very handy program.

    Brad Powers, Jan 8, 2007
  5. VancitysFinest

    Mardon Guest

    "VancitysFinest" <> wrote:

    > I have a Canon S3 using Windows XP & Picasa (have Photoshop too) and
    > would love if my Canon would allow me to have a custom filename, but it
    > doesn't so I use Magic File Renamer everytime after I import photos
    > (using the format YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM-SS.jpg).
    >
    > Is there a better way?

    I use "Rename-It!" v3.41 It's Free.
    http://www.beroux.com/english/softwares/renameit/#download

    Mardon, Jan 8, 2007
  6. VancitysFinest

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Mardon wrote:
    > "VancitysFinest" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Canon S3 using Windows XP & Picasa (have Photoshop too) and
    >> would love if my Canon would allow me to have a custom filename, but it
    >> doesn't so I use Magic File Renamer everytime after I import photos
    >> (using the format YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM-SS.jpg).
    >>
    >> Is there a better way?

    > I use "Rename-It!" v3.41 It's Free.
    > http://www.beroux.com/english/softwares/renameit/#download

    As is renamemaster, free and allows batch renaming. As for Linux, I once
    loaded Red Hat into a partition (I use bootitng from
    www.terabyteunlimited.com). The program ran fine, but couldn't get the
    sound card, modem, printer, scanner, zip drive or any other peripheral
    to be recognized (well not quite, the monitor and keyboard worked). Of
    course none of my favorite apps would run on it. Other than that it was
    a great os
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jan 8, 2007
  7. VancitysFinest

    Dell Guest

    "ray" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 21:53:32 -0800, VancitysFinest wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Canon S3 using Windows XP & Picasa (have Photoshop too) and
    >> would love if my Canon would allow me to have a custom filename, but it
    >> doesn't so I use Magic File Renamer everytime after I import photos
    >> (using the format YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM-SS.jpg).
    >>
    >> Is there a better way?

    > Yes. I'd use Linux and probably find with exif.

    Get Fastone image viewer. It is freeware and if you like it (you will it's a
    great program)make a contribution. it can be found at www.fastSone.org It
    will do just what you want, and whole lot more. It has a very flexible batch
    rename feature

    Dell, Jan 9, 2007
  8. Is there always a Linux guy replying to Windows threads?
    Anyways, fastones.org is a bad site so ignore it.
    PIE is time-limited shareware.
    Renameit is pretty simple and is OK. Not as powerful as Magic File
    Renamer, but its free.

    VancitysFinest, Jan 13, 2007
  9. VancitysFinest

    Carol Guest

    Good Morning Victor

    Since you already have Photoshop, open Bridge. The icon is a sea shell
    located on the toolbar below the menu bar next to where you park the
    palettes found under Window on the menu bar.

    Once in Bridge click on Tools on Bridge's menu bar, then Batch Rename
    (it is the first item on the drop down menu). In the Batch rename
    screen you will have the option to
    (1) Rename in same folder
    (2) Move to other folder
    (3) Copy to other folder,
    (select browse to place them in the folder you want them.)
    Then scroll to the New Filenames section of the Batch Rename menu
    In the slot next to "text" (text is default and may vary depending on
    what you used last) name the pictures. Since you already have a naming
    system just key in the file name once and Batch Rename will continue
    the numbering that already exist in whatever folder you send them to.

    For me, it does not make sense to use other software when you already
    have what you need in Photoshop.

    Good luck, I hope this is helpful

    Carol

    Carol, Jan 13, 2007