  1. Alvin Phan

    Alvin Phan Guest

    so what do you use?

    Alvin Phan, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Alvin Phan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    "Alvin Phan" <> wrote in message
    > so what do you use?

    An email client. Why, don't you?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Alvin Phan

    Max Wachtel Guest

    Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    Alvin Phan <munge address here> wrote in news:prcGe.2001$kk6.657
    @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

    > so what do you use?

    I also use TB for mail but use Xnews for newsgroups
    You should learn to "munge" your e-mail address.
    -max
    --
    "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware. -PanHandler

    Max Wachtel, Jul 29, 2005
  4. Alvin Phan

    Vanguard Guest

    "Alvin Phan" <> wrote in message
    > so what do you use?

    Outlook Express

    Vanguard, Jul 29, 2005
  5. Alvin Phan

    dworkin Guest

    Vanguard wrote:

    > "Alvin Phan" <> wrote in message
    >> so what do you use?

    > Outlook Express

    Thunderbird for email.
    KNode for news.

    Dworkin
    --
    "And that's how we learned our lesson."
    - Bender

    dworkin, Jul 29, 2005
  6. Alvin Phan

    Parko Guest

    dworkin wrote:

    > Thunderbird for email.
    > KNode for news.

    Kontact is quite adequate as an all-in-one package.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Jul 29, 2005
  7. Alvin Phan

    Guest

    , Jul 29, 2005
  8. Alvin Phan

    dworkin Guest

    Parko wrote:

    > dworkin wrote:
    >
    >> Thunderbird for email.
    >> KNode for news.

    > Kontact is quite adequate as an all-in-one package.

    I tried it, but I like T-bird's junk filtering better. I was using
    bogofilter with KMail, but I found T-bird easier and it seemed to catch
    more stuff. I didn't do any objective testing; it's just a personal
    preference. I do use KOrganizer for the calendar.

    Dworkin

    dworkin, Jul 29, 2005
  9. Alvin Phan

    Parko Guest

    dworkin wrote:

    > Parko wrote:
    >
    >> dworkin wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thunderbird for email.
    >>> KNode for news.

    >> Kontact is quite adequate as an all-in-one package.

    > I tried it, but I like T-bird's junk filtering better. I was using
    > bogofilter with KMail, but I found T-bird easier and it seemed to catch
    > more stuff. I didn't do any objective testing; it's just a personal
    > preference. I do use KOrganizer for the calendar.
    >
    > Dworkin

    I find Kontact's Kmail and SpamAssassin (and ClamAV for my less enlightened
    Friends) excellent after a bit of training, the Kontact package does it for
    me for daily use.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Defenestrate Windows!

    Parko, Jul 29, 2005
  10. Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    Alvin Phan wrote:

    > so what do you use?

    Kmail and slrn, respectively.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 29, 2005
  11. Alvin Phan

    uh Clem Guest

    Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:32:59 -0700,
    mumbled:

    > Alvin Phan <> wrote:
    >
    >|>so what do you use?
    >
    >Agent
    >http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/fagent.html

    Pennywise,
    Here's a little Agent tweak for you. You may want to add it to your (I
    assume) webpage.

    With Agent program turned off, find agent.ini and open it using a text
    editor.
    Change ShowAllFields=0 to ShowAllFields=1
    Save the changes and close.
    Open the Agent program, click Post New Usenet Message. Click All
    Fields.

    That gives you a Control and an Approved field/header pluse some other
    ones to play with. It allows you to post cmsg control posts with Agent
    as well.

    uh Clem, Jul 29, 2005
  12. Alvin Phan

    uh Clem <_CHEESE_LOG> wrote:

    |>With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:32:59 -0700,
    |> mumbled:

    |>>Agent
    |>>http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/fagent.html

    |>Pennywise,
    |>Here's a little Agent tweak for you. You may want to add it to your (I
    |>assume) webpage.

    Oh that's not my webpage, just one that I've found that helps with
    Agent.

    Haven't had a webpage in a looong time, and can't think of anything
    unique enough to put one up for.

    |>With Agent program turned off, find agent.ini and open it using a text
    |>editor.
    |>Change ShowAllFields=0 to ShowAllFields=1
    |>Save the changes and close.
    |>Open the Agent program, click Post New Usenet Message. Click All
    |>Fields.
    |>
    |>That gives you a Control and an Approved field/header pluse some other
    |>ones to play with. It allows you to post cmsg control posts with Agent
    |>as well.

    I made the change, more is better :)

    Thanks.
    --

    , Jul 29, 2005
  13. Alvin Phan

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 29 Jul 2005 02:12:09 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Alvin Phan wrote:
    >
    >> so what do you use?

    I don't access this newsgroup reply here, but I do use eudora for mail.

    >Kmail and slrn, respectively.
    >
    >--
    >Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
    >Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    >*ALSO contains links for access to the NON-BETA GG archive interface*

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Jul 30, 2005
  14. Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    Barry OGrady wrote:

    > On 29 Jul 2005 02:12:09 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>Alvin Phan wrote:

    >>> so what do you use?

    > I don't access this newsgroup reply here, but I do use eudora for mail.

    You're posting here with Forte Agent. C'mon, these aren't tough
    questions.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 30, 2005
  15. Alvin Phan

    uh Clem Guest

    Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:54:24 -0700,
    mumbled:

    > uh Clem <_CHEESE_LOG> wrote:
    >

    >|>That gives you a Control and an Approved field/header pluse some other
    >|>ones to play with. It allows you to post cmsg control posts with Agent
    >|>as well.
    >
    >I made the change, more is better :)
    >
    >Thanks.

    Sure.
    I know the following is common knowledge but I figured I'd go ahead
    and repost it just fer giggles.

    ===========
    Doc'sEZ Newsgroup Tutorial 3.1

    Download & Install Agent. http://www.forteinc.com

    ==============

    With Agent program turned off, find agent.ini and open it using a text
    editor.
    Change ShowAllFields=0 to ShowAllFields=1
    Save the changes and close.
    Open the Agent program, click Post New Usenet Message. Click All
    Fields.

    ===================

    Fill out things thus:

    Subject: cmsg newgroup alt.your-groupname
    Newsgroups: alt.config, alt.your-groupname
    Control: newgroup alt.your-groupname

    Blank line with header above and body below

    For your newsgroup file:
    Alt.your-groupname

    Discussion or Charter (your choice)
    Short paragraph describing the purpose of your newsgroup.
    No more than one screen full if possible.

    Justification:
    Evidence of interest.

    ================================

    To make moderated ng, append the word moderated to the control &
    Subject lines and add the moderation address(es) before "For your
    newsgroups file:" so it reads:

    Group submission address: (email address for submission)
    Moderator contact address: (email address to contact moderator(s))

    For your newgroups file:

    You may want to append an "m" after your groupname, i.e.,
    alt.groupname-m
    But you need not.

    uh Clem, Jul 31, 2005
  16. Alvin Phan

    Pat Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:51:43 GMT, Alvin Phan <> wrote:

    >so what do you use?

    Pegasus
    Agent

    --
    Pat

    Pat, Jul 31, 2005
  17. Re: what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here

    Pat wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:51:43 GMT, Alvin Phan <> wrote:
    > what do you use to acess your pop3 email and this news group reply here
    >>so what do you use?

    > Pegasus
    > Agent

    [OP:] Please don't post your whole question into the subject.
    Fetchmail for pop3
    hotwayd for hotmail (still works and no ads)
    postfix for delivery
    spamassassin and clamav for eliminating junk and windows viruses
    kmail (most of the time) or whatever else I like for reading
    :)
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Jul 31, 2005