    I have a better idea. What do you think about "Stapletron"? My oldest son Tom did this project for art class. It's at school right now, but when it comes home I have an idea for a new case design... :deal:

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
    bigal, Feb 24, 2006

  2. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    lol, that's pretty awesome. What's it made out of? And does it come with staples, or do you have to buy your own? :p
    XhArD, Feb 25, 2006

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    that looks cool. what size staples it use?

    But where u going to but the computah?
    unholy, Feb 25, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I need to get a better look at it before deciding where parts might go. I bet the motherboard would go in the top section, with some good ventilation through the use of some fans. I can just visualize how nice it would look on my last glass table, using blue cold cathodes. Oh, you get one box of staples when the machine is delivered. I wonder if www.staples.com would sponsor me?

    What suggestions do you guys have?
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
    bigal, Feb 25, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Delivered? You said it was a project, I was assuming he made it. It looks hand made, what was the project? What are the details?

    It's green so I don't know, would blue CCFL's look right? Yellow would pop.
    The Modfather, Feb 25, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I meant delivered as if you bought it from me, built complete with a computer inside, and I would include a box of staples. Right now it's only a hand-made sculpture for an art class, and it's at GMU awaiting a grade. When it comes back home later this year, that's when I get a better look at it and perhaps decide to mod it. Until then, I can only look at my pictures and speculate. Yellow cold cathodes might look good - if you could find them. Can you find them anywhere?
    bigal, Feb 25, 2006
  7. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Shouldn't it be Toms choice whether it be modded or not? :p
    XhArD, Feb 25, 2006
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yep...

    If I mod it, it would probably be for him to use. If it isn't a replacement for his current case, then I might buy it off him.:frog:
    bigal, Feb 25, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i noticed x changed his sig :) (you missed your pro-non-stock cooler :p)

    Man a stapler would be good, but its a art piece, so u better make sure the insides can withstand the weight!

    And Staples.com looks like a sponsor candidate! :)
    unholy, Feb 26, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Buy it? Man after all you've done for that kid he better give it to you or I'll come down there and smack him good. :)

    Yellow CCFL's shouldn't be hard to find, worst case scenerio use white ones with a yellow gel.
    The Modfather, Feb 26, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If you could point me directly to the yellow cold cathodes (should they exist), I would appreciate it. I suppose I could try white ones with a film in front of them, but it's not the same.
    bigal, Feb 26, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh my, yellow cold cathodes... :)
    [​IMG]
    bigal, Feb 27, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    That's where I'd get 'em, AC Ryan is da bomb! :)
    The Modfather, Feb 28, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I ordered some yellow cold cathodes today, along with a few white ones. I might use a yellow one on my blacked out "Big Al's Computers" laser-etched window that's going into that Sun keyboard tray. Yellow should look good with black, nes pa?
    bigal, Feb 28, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Dont Dis Sunbeam :p

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yellow tube of light :)
    unholy, Mar 1, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    They'd be perfect for the bathroom mod!

    Someone (maybe it was one of you guys) once told me to mod an old toilet I had here. Wouldn't that be cool? with yellow CCRL's in the bowl and all?
    The Modfather, Mar 1, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    "Dont Dis Sunbeam"??? Did we disrespect Sunbeam recently? My cold cathodes are actually Sunbeam models, as opposed to Logisys.

    Yellow cold cathodes are a good "wake me up" in the morning, so they would be the color of choice.
    bigal, Mar 1, 2006
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    They're yellow, like the sun, so Sunbeam ought to be able to make them decent for goodness sake.
    The Modfather, Mar 1, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    "Oh look, it's Australia's favorite supplyer, Sunbeam." Sounds alot like ur trying to insult them :p
    unholy, Mar 2, 2006