    I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(

    I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    anthonyberet, Feb 22, 2005

  2. anthonyberet wrote:

    > Here's a summary of the system:
    > http://www.bebo.com/
    >
    > here's the link to the privacy policy:
    >
    > http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?
    >
    > I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    > service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(
    >
    > I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    "We use your personal information to ... inform you about offers,
    products, services, and updates"

    "You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our
    marketing and promotional efforts"

    "You agree that we may use your personal information to contact you and
    deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your
    interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative
    notices, product offerings"

    "We won't cum in your mouth"

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 22, 2005

  3. anthonyberet

    Mike Haslett Guest

    Re: what do you lot (tinyl) make of this TOS? (its an inline address-book-updater thingy).

    anthonyberet, <>, the jobless, heaving slimeball, and
    deputy in charge of taking payment from the profits of the court, illumined:

    > Here's a summary of the system:
    > http://www.bebo.com/
    >
    > here's the link to the privacy policy:
    >
    > http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?
    >
    > I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    > service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(
    >
    > I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    You fuckwitted cuntwart.

    I keep receiving requests from friends to enter my contact details,
    but I would prefer not to. How can I stop this?

    Request to enter your contact details are either sent directly from
    your friends' email client, in which case we are unable to prevent these
    from being sent, or they are entered onto Bebo.com, in which case you can
    unsubscribe by clicking here.

    Note that emails are only sent to you at the direct request of a
    friend. Your email address is not added to a mailing list because of this.

    Mike Haslett, Feb 22, 2005
  4. anthonyberet

    Bill Hinkle Guest

    Re: what do you lot (tinyl) make of this TOS? (its an inline address-book-updater thingy).

    Rôgêr, <>, the mutilated, phlegmatic truck driver, and
    employee who empties cesspits and backyard toilets, proclaimed:

    > anthonyberet wrote:

    >> I received an email on behalf of a friend

    > "We use your personal information to ... inform you about offers,
    > products, services, and updates"
    >
    > "You agree

    > "You agree

    /You/ being the person with the original agreement, yes? /You/ not being the
    person who got an invitation from the person with the agreementm yes? You
    snotfucked, shit-filled moron.

    Bill Hinkle, Feb 22, 2005
  5. anthonyberet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    | Here's a summary of the system:
    | http://www.bebo.com/
    |
    | here's the link to the privacy policy:
    |
    | http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?
    |
    | I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    | service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(
    |
    | I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    While I can't see anything in the privacy statement that would lead me to
    think that your privacy would be compromised, it certainly says that the
    person who asked you to put your info there is open to all kinds of crapola.
    I wouldn't trust them with my info...period. My sister-in-law tried to get
    me to add my email and stuff, and I won't take the risk.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 23, 2005
  6. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Mike Haslett wrote:
    > anthonyberet, <>, the jobless, heaving slimeball, and
    > deputy in charge of taking payment from the profits of the court, illumined:
    >

    >>Here's a summary of the system:
    >>http://www.bebo.com/
    >>
    >>here's the link to the privacy policy:
    >>
    >>http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?
    >>
    >>I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    >>service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(
    >>
    >>I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    > You fuckwitted cuntwart.
    >
    > I keep receiving requests from friends to enter my contact details,
    > but I would prefer not to. How can I stop this?
    >
    > Request to enter your contact details are either sent directly from
    > your friends' email client, in which case we are unable to prevent these
    > from being sent, or they are entered onto Bebo.com, in which case you can
    > unsubscribe by clicking here.
    >
    > Note that emails are only sent to you at the direct request of a
    > friend. Your email address is not added to a mailing list because of this.

    hehe - I might try them with a test address anyway
    (I bet you get lots of spam, by the way...)

    anthonyberet, Feb 23, 2005
  7. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Bill Hinkle wrote:
    > Rôgêr, <>, the mutilated, phlegmatic truck driver, and
    > employee who empties cesspits and backyard toilets, proclaimed:
    >

    >>anthonyberet wrote:

    >>>I received an email on behalf of a friend

    >>"We use your personal information to ... inform you about offers,
    >>products, services, and updates"
    >>
    >>"You agree

    >>"You agree

    > /You/ being the person with the original agreement, yes? /You/ not being the
    > person who got an invitation from the person with the agreementm yes? You
    > snotfucked, shit-filled moron.

    yesss.... but they now have my address (an old one thankfully) but no
    TOS with me, and therefore none to be broken by them.

    There seem to be a lot of spastics in this group recently.

    anthonyberet, Feb 23, 2005
  8. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > | Here's a summary of the system:
    > | http://www.bebo.com/
    > |
    > | here's the link to the privacy policy:
    > |
    > | http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?
    > |
    > | I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    > | service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(
    > |
    > | I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?
    >
    > While I can't see anything in the privacy statement that would lead me to
    > think that your privacy would be compromised, it certainly says that the
    > person who asked you to put your info there is open to all kinds of crapola.
    > I wouldn't trust them with my info...period. My sister-in-law tried to get
    > me to add my email and stuff, and I won't take the risk.

    yes - It leaves me with the difficult choice of whether to refuse to
    sign-up (although I could not actually be spammed no matter how hard
    they try), and to tell her that this was a bad idea...

    anthonyberet, Feb 23, 2005
  9. anthonyberet

    Rob K Guest

    Re: what do you lot (tinyl) make of this TOS? (its an inline address-book-updater thingy).

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:50:59 +0000, anthonyberet wrote:

    <snip>
    > yes - It leaves me with the difficult choice of whether to refuse to
    > sign-up (although I could not actually be spammed no matter how hard
    > they try), and to tell her that this was a bad idea...

    You've got perfectly valid reasons to tell her why this was a bad idea -
    tell her in a nice way and she'll learn something.

    It 'sort of' reminds me of my 'class' of grumpy old men , all over 55,
    I've explained the Internet basics. One of them forwarded a couple of
    not-so-ordinary spam messages to me, he genuinely wanted to know what it
    was, I've explained in detail - no harm done, quite the contrary.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13
    vf ab ybatre gurer, abg rira ng ubgznvy.

    Rob K, Feb 23, 2005
  10. Re: what do you lot (tinyl) make of this TOS? (its an inline address-book-updater thingy).

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:

    >> Here's a summary of the system:
    >> http://www.bebo.com/

    >> here's the link to the privacy policy:

    >> http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?

    >> I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    >> service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(

    >> I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    > "We use your personal information to ... inform you about offers,
    > products, services, and updates"

    > "You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our
    > marketing and promotional efforts"

    > "You agree that we may use your personal information to contact you and
    > deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your
    > interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative
    > notices, product offerings"

    > "We won't cum in your mouth"

    "The check's in the mail."

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  11. anthonyberet

    DC Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:

    >> Here's a summary of the system:
    >> http://www.bebo.com/

    >> here's the link to the privacy policy:

    >> http://www.bebo.com/Privacy.jsp?

    >> I received an email on behalf of a friend who has signed up for this
    >> service, and presumably uploaded her address-book, with me in it :(

    >> I suspect them as spammers; what do you think?

    > "We use your personal information to ... inform you about offers,
    > products, services, and updates"

    > "You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our
    > marketing and promotional efforts"

    > "You agree that we may use your personal information to contact you and
    > deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your
    > interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative
    > notices, product offerings"

    > "We won't cum in your mouth"

    PMSL! }XOD

    --