what do you guys think of war driving??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by asdf, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. asdf

    asdf Guest

    Subject says all?
    asdf, Nov 21, 2003

  2. asdf

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <Olkvb.4869$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:

    > Subject says all?

    The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Nov 21, 2003

  3. asdf

    XPD Guest

    "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Olkvb.4869$>,
    > "asdf" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Subject says all?

    > The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?
    >
    > --
    > madknoxie
    > $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    If people are stupid enuff to leave their networks open, then its their
    prob, therefore I dont see any problem with it :)
    XPD, Nov 21, 2003
  4. asdf wrote:

    > Subject says all?

    faster then warwalking, not as fast as warflying tho..
    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Nov 21, 2003
  5. asdf

    asdf Guest

    "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Olkvb.4869$>,
    > "asdf" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Subject says all?

    > The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?
    >
    > --
    > madknoxie
    > $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    Yes, i was thinging of the ethics with it.

    I got a wfi card yesterday, and had a drive around and was suprised at just
    how many networks are around!

    Daniel
    asdf, Nov 21, 2003
  6. asdf

    asdf Guest

    I gess those big roof's make good ground plains for wifi antenas ;-)

    asdf, Nov 21, 2003
  7. asdf

    SteveM Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote in

    > "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <Olkvb.4869$>,
    >> "asdf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Subject says all?

    >> The ethics associated with it, or the actual act of wardriving?
    >>
    >> --
    >> madknoxie
    >> $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    > Yes, i was thinging of the ethics with it.
    >
    > I got a wfi card yesterday, and had a drive around and was suprised at
    > just how many networks are around!
    >
    > Daniel

    Not sure where you are Daniel, but in Auckland there has been approx 350
    Wifi nodes detected and logged (w/ GPS co-ords) on http://www.wigle.net/

    You can download a Java or Windows client to look at nodes anywhere in
    the worldas long as there is a map available. I have made a mappack for
    Greater Auckland (10 Meg) and the CBD (2 Meg) (available by emailing me)

    I have just fitted out myself with an small external onmi antenna (w/
    magmount) to connect to my Orinoco Gold card in either a laptop or a
    Compaq Ipaq using netstumber or pocket warrior. Also off to buy a 12/230v
    inverter to keep all this kit going in my car for more than an hour at a
    time.....

    Have a look at www.nzwireless.org for info on the local wireless scene.
    (My nick is Bigted there)

    SteveM
    SteveM, Nov 21, 2003
  8. asdf

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <Olkvb.4869$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:
    >Subject says all?

    Gotta love them Humvees.

    Don Hills, Nov 21, 2003
  9. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    asdf wrote:
    > Subject says all?

    Kinda fun, but mostly just a way to waste time... I discover, and Map,
    but don't do anything with them.
    T.N.O., Nov 21, 2003
  10. asdf

    max barwell Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:50:50 +1300, asdf wrote:

    > Subject says all?

    I want to do it! but i have no car, no laptop, and no wifi gear, so i
    guess i can't.

    max
    max barwell, Nov 21, 2003
  11. asdf

    asdf Guest

    im, i heard of a crappy little device that was ment to light up with wifi
    activity, it didnt work very well but you could get one of thos cheap, then
    war walk!

    asdf, Nov 21, 2003
  12. asdf

    steve Guest

    asdf allegedly said:

    > Subject says all?

    Don't get caught.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers
    steve, Nov 21, 2003
  13. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    steve wrote:
    >>Subject says all?

    > Don't get caught.

    Thats why you leave the car running, and do it in pairs(passenger
    checks, driver drives)... stick on fake number plates and fake name
    badges for the car(preferably something similar to your current car).
    T.N.O., Nov 21, 2003