    What do you charge per hour?

    Do you have different rates for business or private?

    Just wondering?
    Guest, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Guest

    Alan Guest

    wrote:
    > Are there IT service people here?
    >
    > What do you charge per hour?
    >
    > Do you have different rates for business or private?
    >
    > Just wondering?

    Too many variables. Geography is #1 - type of work is something else.
    Changing backup tapes and doing desktop support is drastically differnet
    thn building servers or a server cluster......
    Alan, Oct 29, 2005

  3. Guest

    Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Are there IT service people here?
    >
    > What do you charge per hour?
    >
    > Do you have different rates for business or private?
    >
    > Just wondering?

    Depends what the job is.Homebased callout I charge circa £20 for the first
    hour and £15 each hour thereafter (would add callout charge if further away,
    unsociable hours or charge less if hardup, OAP or disabled).

    Business can vary from £25 to £50 depending on what they want done, where
    they are, how long they want me for, how urgent it is and when it is (i.e.
    unsociable hours, weekend, bank/public holidays). I do charge less for a
    few friends/relatives that have businesses if they throw a meal and a couple
    of drinks in while I am there :).
    Tony, Oct 29, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    > Are there IT service people here?
    >>
    >> What do you charge per hour?
    >>
    >> Do you have different rates for business or private?
    >>
    >> Just wondering?

    ok.. just wondered. I charge no callout, £40 per hour business or personal.
    in my area average most charge between 40 and 55 i would say 45 about
    average.

    i recently called 20 companies in my area doing some market research, i
    said i wanted a wireless network installed and a virus removed.

    cheapest was £20 per hour and most expensive said i should take an engineer
    for half a day at £495+VAT

    so I wa just wondering thats.
    Guest, Oct 29, 2005
  5. Guest

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Are there IT service people here?
    > What do you charge per hour?
    > Do you have different rates for business or private?

    Like some others said the rate in your area will depend on your
    location. ie the average hourly rate here where I live NJ is twice what
    it is in Ohio. Also, lets say you call service people who have ads in
    the phone book the rates will vary greatly.

    Also, a house call to a private residence doesn't want to hear about an
    hourly rate unless you can cap the total charge, which often means
    working four hours for a 2 hour charge. However, the next time that
    customer calls you in and only has a simple problem you may make out and
    make an hours pay easily.
    Plato, Oct 30, 2005