    --
    Thomas A. Todhunter
    MS(36hrs), BA, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+
    todhunter5, Dec 23, 2003

  2. In article <WG2Gb.463054$275.1353439@attbi_s53>, todhunter5
    @insightbb.com says...
    > This was a question I got wrong on the CompTIA Exam I think.

    TCP Connect Scan. It is a full three way handshake. The host scanning
    sends a SYN, the machine responds with an ACK/SYN if the port is open or
    RST if it is closed, the host scanning responds back with an ACK (this
    responding ACK is optional).

    /steve
    --
    Protect yourself on-line. Hide your identifying details in e-mail,
    usenet, and more. A privacy service like no other.
    Stephen K. Gielda, Dec 24, 2003