    worms. Everyone seems to use it, what do I need to do to use it
    safely ?

    , Oct 15, 2007

  2. nemo_outis Guest

    wrote in news::

    > Never used Flash player before.
    > Initial review of program looks like just another can of security
    > worms. Everyone seems to use it, what do I need to do to use it
    > safely ?

    It IS a security risk but, since it's ubiquitous and is often required for
    functionality, not just pizzazz, you do need to allow it on many sites.

    I use two add-ons (extensions) for Firefox that give me control over Flash:
    Flashblock & NoScript. I have found these give me sufficient control and
    granularity but YMMV.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 15, 2007

  3. goarilla Guest

    nemo_outis wrote:
    > wrote in news::
    >
    >> Never used Flash player before.
    >> Initial review of program looks like just another can of security
    >> worms. Everyone seems to use it, what do I need to do to use it
    >> safely ?

    > It IS a security risk but, since it's ubiquitous and is often required for
    > functionality, not just pizzazz, you do need to allow it on many sites.
    >
    > I use two add-ons (extensions) for Firefox that give me control over Flash:
    > Flashblock & NoScript. I have found these give me sufficient control and
    > granularity but YMMV.
    >
    > Regards,

    i use those 2 as well , but sometimes it still feels flaky.

    goarilla, Oct 17, 2007
  4. nemo_outis Guest

    goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote in

    >> I use two add-ons (extensions) for Firefox that give me control over
    >> Flash: Flashblock & NoScript. I have found these give me sufficient
    >> control and granularity but YMMV.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>

    > i use those 2 as well , but sometimes it still feels flaky.

    If those still leave you nervous then fire up something like JanusVM or
    otherwise use some sort of sandbox/virtual machine to confine any crap that
    does get through.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 17, 2007