    computer just changed. When I was about to uninstall the program, the icons
    just not be replaced to the original.

    What should I do?
    =?Utf-8?B?U2ltcGx5?=, Mar 12, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2ltcGx5?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You can try system restore from just before the install now that you have
    uninstalled the program.

    John Barnes, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Hello,
    I think John is correct in that system restore is the best answer.
    The subject line about protected files being changed is probably not a
    resolution.
    More than likely the entries in the registry for the icons are pointing to
    other dlls which contain the icons or are pointing to different icons in
    the same dll.
    So each icon would have it's own entry in the registry which tells it which
    dll contains the icon and which icon in that dll to use.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 14, 2007