    license without uninstalling the operating system and reinstalling it with
    the rest of his applications...

    Thanks

    Scott Tynefield, Nov 11, 2005

  2. You can purchase an OEM License from the following vendors with qualifying
    hardware:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft

    You can then do a repair upgrade om the Trial to the full version. Update
    will have to be reapplied but all your applications and settings will be
    saved.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005

  3. You state that it's an x86 trial -- if so, then your customer can buy a
    retail copy of Windows XP Pro. If you meant x64, there is no retail copy,
    and he will need to purchase an OEM/System Builder version, with qualifying
    hardware.

    The recommendation from Darrell Gorter, of MS, is that IF the trial has not
    expired, you can do an upgrade from within the operating system. Just insert
    the CD and do the upgrade. This will preserve the most settings. If the
    trial has expired, you'll need to do a repair install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Will this also work if the trial has expired? (it's going to expire today
    and their are no local vendors in our area.)

    Scott Tynefield, Nov 11, 2005
  5. I own a trial copy of XP Pro x86 and it seems like a rar copy to get, it
    came with some Server software kit.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005
  6. Well, if you can't get it intime, when you do get it, all you have do is
    boot off the CD, accept the F8 License agreement and choose to the repair
    upgrade. Please note, this is "after" the F8 License agreement.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005
  7. My bad I meant x64.

    Scott Tynefield, Nov 11, 2005
  8. No problem, you should be able to do the repair upgrade with no problems,
    remember, boot off the CD, accept the F8 License agreement and choose to the

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005
  9. Scott Tynefield

    John Barnes Guest

    Isn't the preferred method to execute from within the x64 system? You don't
    boot off the CD so long as he trial hasn't expired.

    John Barnes, Nov 11, 2005
  10. Correct. That's what will retain the greatest part of your settings.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 11, 2005
  11. I thought you might have. ;)

    If the system hasn't timed out yet, run the installation from within the x64
    environment. If it has timed out, do a repair install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 11, 2005
  12. In this case, he said that he won't be able to get the OEM Full version in
    time to do so.

    Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2005