    phone to use to say call my ISP or VOIP. What should I try to do?
    Please help. Earl Williams, Surrey, British Columbia

    , Jul 12, 2008

  2. Christian Guest

    > The power went out at my house. I have voice over internet. Now my GE
    > 24 GHz phone screen readout says, "Out of Range". I have disconnected
    > my modem, router and Lynksis adapter and phone connection then
    > reconnected them. I still get the same readout. I have no other
    > phone to use to say call my ISP or VOIP. What should I try to do?

    Judging by the "out of range"-message, the problem is probably between your
    GE base station and the phone. Try to hook up another phone to your Linksys
    adapter instead, and you'll find that VOIP probably works fine.

    Christian

    Christian, Jul 12, 2008

  3. Guest

    > Judging by the "out of range"-message, the problem is probably between your
    > GE base station and the phone. Try to hook up another phone to your Linksys
    > adapter instead, and you'll find that VOIP probably works fine.
    >
    > Christian

    Thank you Christian, I tried that. My other phone is just 900 MgHz so
    I don't know if it is too slow. I am totally lost on the technicals
    here. Our VOIP worked for 2 years and never had this problem. If you
    think of anything else, I will be glad to hear from you. Good common
    sense suggestion, thanks again. Earl Williams 63 years old, Surrey,
    British Columbia

    , Jul 12, 2008
  4. Nick Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > > Judging by the "out of range"-message, the problem is probably between

    your
    > > GE base station and the phone. Try to hook up another phone to your

    Linksys
    > > adapter instead, and you'll find that VOIP probably works fine.
    > >
    > > Christian

    > Thank you Christian, I tried that. My other phone is just 900 MgHz so
    > I don't know if it is too slow. I am totally lost on the technicals
    > here. Our VOIP worked for 2 years and never had this problem. If you
    > think of anything else, I will be glad to hear from you. Good common
    > sense suggestion, thanks again. Earl Williams 63 years old, Surrey,
    > British Columbia

    W H A T ??????

    Some people should just not be let loose with technology.

    Nick, Jul 13, 2008
  5. Christian Guest

    > Thank you Christian, I tried that. My other phone is just 900 MgHz so
    > I don't know if it is too slow. I am totally lost on the technicals
    > here.

    I can tell :) You can hook up any phone to your VOIP-adapter, the
    frequency of the wireless part doesn't matter at all :) Even the most
    antique phone should work (as long as it doesn't have a rotary dial).

    Christian

    Christian, Jul 13, 2008