    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Dec 17, 2006

  2. David

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-12-17, David <> wrote:
    > My brother is a Freeserve customer, think they have been bought and sold at
    > least twice, was it to Wanadoo, then now Orange.
    > Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will not
    > allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
    > Guess he wants a free service!

    I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are plenty
    of public news-servers available. Start here
    <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.

    The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 17, 2006

  3. David

    john sumner Guest

    john sumner, Dec 17, 2006
  4. David

    john sumner Guest

    > I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are

    plenty
    > of public news-servers available. Start here
    > <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
    >
    > The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

    john sumner, Dec 17, 2006
  5. On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:11:16 GMT, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >My brother is a Freeserve customer, think they have been bought and sold at
    >least twice, was it to Wanadoo, then now Orange.
    >Anyway he wants to join NGs such as this but his Freeserve account will not
    >allow NGs, how have you Freeserve customers got round this?
    >Guess he wants a free service!

    http://news.aioe.org/

    Simply enter in nntp.aioe.org as the host name in whatever newsreader
    you happen to be using, download list of available groups and Usenet
    away all that you like, no password or user name required. No
    binaries, strictly text based groups.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 17, 2006
  6. David

    Guest

    "john sumner" <> wrote:

    >> I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are

    >plenty
    >> of public news-servers available. Start here
    >> <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
    >>
    >> The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.
    >>

    >Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

    It comes to $13 dollars today, I use http://www.individual.net/ and
    have never had any problems - very good at spam blocking as well.

    --
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/15/in-defense-of-obsessive-internet-fanboys/

    , Dec 17, 2006
  7. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Dec 17, 2006
  8. David

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-12-17, john sumner <> wrote:

    >> I'm not a customer of Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange, but I know there are plenty
    >> of public news-servers available. Start here
    >> <http://search.ask.com/web?q=public+news+server&qsrc=0&o=0>.
    >>
    >> The one I use costs 10 Euros a year; see <http://www.individual.net/>.

    > Whiskers can you tell me how much that is in american money?

    Let's see: 141 Mexican Pesos, 28 Brazilian Reals, ... oh, look for
    yourself <http://search.ask.com/web?q=exchange+rates&qsrc=0&o=0>.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 18, 2006