    see the light on my cd-rom drive on when this happens.

    TIA,
    Pat

    Pat, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Pat

    dadiOH Guest

    Pat wrote:
    > Okay,
    >
    > Whenever I click on my computer, to go to my HD, it goes thru my
    > cd-rom first, what do I need to do to stop my pc from checking my
    > cd-rom first?

    Remove it.

    It checks it because - surprise, surprise - "my computer" shows you a
    nice graphic display of what's on your computer. The CD drive is on it.
    Bet you'd be pissing and moaning if you wanted to see what was on a CD
    and Explorer *didn't* show you the drive.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Pat

    Damian Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > Pat wrote:
    >> Okay,
    >>
    >> Whenever I click on my computer, to go to my HD, it goes thru my
    >> cd-rom first, what do I need to do to stop my pc from checking my
    >> cd-rom first?

    > Remove it.
    >
    > It checks it because - surprise, surprise - "my computer" shows you a
    > nice graphic display of what's on your computer. The CD drive is on
    > it. Bet you'd be pissing and moaning if you wanted to see what was on
    > a CD and Explorer *didn't* show you the drive.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! 24houridiot.fucktards strike again.

    Damian, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Pat

    Old Gringo Guest

    I think that's a copyright phrase. :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Pat

    °Mike° Guest

    Either take the disk out of the drive or make a
    new shortcut with the following in the "Target"
    box, and use that:

    %windir%\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 08:24:48 -0800, in
    <>
    Pat scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 9, 2005
  6. On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:17:53 -0800, "Damian" <>
    wrote:

    >>> Whenever I click on my computer, to go to my HD, it goes thru my
    >>> cd-rom first, what do I need to do to stop my pc from checking my
    >>> cd-rom first?

    >> Remove it.
    >>
    >> It checks it because - surprise, surprise - "my computer" shows you a
    >> nice graphic display of what's on your computer. The CD drive is on
    >> it. Bet you'd be pissing and moaning if you wanted to see what was on
    >> a CD and Explorer *didn't* show you the drive.

    >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! 24houridiot.fucktards strike again.

    Cruel, but fair.

    Swill

    --
    If electricity comes from electrons,
    does morality come from morons?

    Governor Swill, Jan 10, 2005
  7. Pat

    dadiOH Guest

    Governor Swill wrote:

    >>> Remove it.
    >>>
    >>> It checks it because - surprise, surprise - "my computer" shows you
    >>> a nice graphic display of what's on your computer. The CD drive is
    >>> on it. Bet you'd be pissing and moaning if you wanted to see what
    >>> was on a CD and Explorer *didn't* show you the drive.

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! 24houridiot.fucktards strike again.

    > Cruel, but fair.

    Fair doesn't enter in. Correct does. I was correct, he just wanted to
    be a trite, unoriginal copy cat.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Jan 10, 2005
  8. Pat

    relic Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > Governor Swill wrote:

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! 24houridiot.fucktards strike again.

    >> Cruel, but fair.

    > Fair doesn't enter in. Correct does. I was correct, he just wanted
    > to be a trite, unoriginal copy cat.

    You were "correct"? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

    --
    Honey, you stick to the washin',
    ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'.

    relic, Jan 10, 2005
  9. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Just so you know it does this everytime I click the shortcut to get on the
    internet or whenever I click on outlook express, windows media player,
    everything. Not just when I click on my computer.

    Pat

    Pat, Jan 15, 2005