What did this evolve from?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 15, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Oct 15, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Oct 15, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/15/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:01:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> This first, first sentence only.
    >>
    >> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >>
    >> Then this.
    >>
    >> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-

    > ocean-surface/
    >>
    >> Then get your shit in one sock.

    > Um what's your point bro?

    If you don't believe, you might want to start, and if you do believe you
    might want to change that belief just a tad.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/15/2010 5:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> This first, first sentence only.

    >> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm

    >> Then this.

    >> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-ocean-surface/

    >> Then get your shit in one sock.

    > Are you trying to say that this fish evolved from King James? Or
    > do you think the mythology translated (once again) for him
    > evolved into the fish?
    >
    > Mike "what about those rectangular fish with crumby scales?" Yetto

    LOL your choice.

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Anyone Guest

    Anyone, Oct 16, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/15/2010 6:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Anyone wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 10/15/2010 03:01 PM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> This first, first sentence only.
    >>
    >> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >>
    >> Then this.
    >>
    >> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-ocean-surface/
    >>

    > From the second article, no one yet knows. Over time, I expect there
    > will be a good answer.
    >
    >> Then get your shit in one sock.

    > Don't follow you, on that one.

    It's a long story, and it will be about 40 years before it is released.

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote:

    >Then get your shit in one sock.

    Huh?
    G. Morgan, Oct 16, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-10-15, OldGringo38 <> wrote:
    > This first, first sentence only.
    >
    > http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >
    > Then this.
    >
    > http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-ocean-surface/
    >
    > Then get your shit in one sock.

    What is it you need help with? Until biologists have been able to study
    the anatomy and genome of at least one specimen of this newly discovered
    species, no-one can be sure what other species it is related to most
    closely. We can though be certain that it had ancestors, and that going
    back in time far enough those ancestors would be occupying a slightly
    different ecological niche and would look and behave slightly differently.
    There may still be living creatures that are 'the same' as some such
    ancestor of this species; more probably there aren't. It's unlikely that
    any trace of any identifiable ancestors will ever be found, but not
    impossible.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Oct 16, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-10-15, OldGringo38 <> wrote:
    > On 10/15/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:01:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> This first, first sentence only.
    >>>
    >>> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >>>
    >>> Then this.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-

    >> ocean-surface/
    >>>
    >>> Then get your shit in one sock.

    >> Um what's your point bro?
    >>

    > If you don't believe, you might want to start, and if you do believe you
    > might want to change that belief just a tad.

    I believe that socks are not the place to put shit, mine or anyone elses.
    Pictures of a newly discovered sort of fish, and verses from scripture,
    have no bearing on that belief (or on each other).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Oct 16, 2010
  10. OldGringo38 <> via

    > This first, first sentence only.
    >
    > http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >
    > Then this.
    >
    > http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15
    > /new-fish-species-found-deep-below-ocean-surface/
    >
    > Then get your shit in one sock.

    http://bible.cc/2_peter/3-8.htm

    So, what are *you* saying???

    If there were such a thing
    as evolutionary process for human being,
    then would not all males be simply penises
    and females be really good cooks?

    Blue eyes, blond hair; hazel eyes, red hair;
    brown eyes, brunette; tall ones, short ones;
    skinny ones, fat ones; does it say in Genesis
    what Adam and Eve looked like???

    In your Genesis link, verse 27 "... in the image of God
    created he him; male and female created he them..."
    Mens do NOT look like wimmins; and wimmins don't look like mens;
    so, witch sock do you put *your* shit in?

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."
    -- Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Oct 16, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > This first, first sentence only.
    >
    > http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm

    I don't consider quoting from the bible useful in *any* discussion about
    biology.

    > Then this.
    >
    > http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-
    > ocean-surface/

    It's a newly *found* variety of snail fish. So from snailfish obviously.
    Just like all of Darwin's finches are derived from the ones that first
    landed on the Galapagos some time after their creation by volcanos.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 16, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 18:29:24 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 10/15/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:01:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> This first, first sentence only.
    >>>
    >>> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >>>
    >>> Then this.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-

    below-
    >> ocean-surface/
    >>>
    >>> Then get your shit in one sock.

    >> Um what's your point bro?
    >>

    > If you don't believe, you might want to start, and if you do believe you
    > might want to change that belief just a tad.

    Believe in what?

    Meat Plow, Oct 16, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/16/2010 8:29 AM Just to please that super-ego, Whiskers wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 2010-10-15, OldGringo38<> wrote:
    >> On 10/15/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> ocean-surface/

    >>> Um what's your point bro?
    >>>

    >> If you don't believe, you might want to start, and if you do believe you
    >> might want to change that belief just a tad.

    > I believe that socks are not the place to put shit, mine or anyone elses.
    > Pictures of a newly discovered sort of fish, and verses from scripture,
    > have no bearing on that belief (or on each other).

    One day all of the lights will come on at the same time.

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/16/2010 9:05 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 18:29:24 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 10/15/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    > below-
    >>> ocean-surface/

    >>> Um what's your point bro?
    >>>

    >> If you don't believe, you might want to start, and if you do believe you
    >> might want to change that belief just a tad.

    > Believe in what?

    The Easter Bunny

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/16/2010 8:54 AM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> via
    >
    >> This first, first sentence only.
    >>
    >> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >>
    >> Then this.
    >>
    >> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15
    >> /new-fish-species-found-deep-below-ocean-surface/
    >>
    >> Then get your shit in one sock.

    > http://bible.cc/2_peter/3-8.htm
    >
    > So, what are *you* saying???
    >
    > If there were such a thing
    > as evolutionary process for human being,
    > then would not all males be simply penises
    > and females be really good cooks?
    >
    > Blue eyes, blond hair; hazel eyes, red hair;
    > brown eyes, brunette; tall ones, short ones;
    > skinny ones, fat ones; does it say in Genesis
    > what Adam and Eve looked like???
    >
    > In your Genesis link, verse 27 "... in the image of God
    > created he him; male and female created he them..."
    > Mens do NOT look like wimmins; and wimmins don't look like mens;
    > so, witch sock do you put *your* shit in?
    >
    > HTH.

    The one with out a whole in it.

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/16/2010 9:02 AM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> This first, first sentence only.
    >>
    >> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
    >>

    > I don't consider quoting from the bible useful in *any* discussion about
    > biology.
    >
    >> Then this.
    >>
    >> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-
    >> ocean-surface/
    >>

    > It's a newly *found* variety of snail fish. So from snailfish obviously.
    > Just like all of Darwin's finches are derived from the ones that first
    > landed on the Galapagos some time after their creation by volcanos.

    Do you suppose there is a reason that some animals/mammals have not
    changed in the last few billions of years. Do you suppose it is in
    their Genes.

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    OldGringo38 <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 10/15/2010 5:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> This first, first sentence only.

    >>> http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm

    >>> Then this.

    >>> http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/15/new-fish-species-found-deep-below-ocean-surface/

    >>> Then get your shit in one sock.

    >> Are you trying to say that this fish evolved from King James? Or
    >> do you think the mythology translated (once again) for him
    >> evolved into the fish?
    >>
    >> Mike "what about those rectangular fish with crumby scales?" Yetto

    >LOL your choice.

    Yes it is. I choose to accept what has been shown with
    overwhelming certainty to be true, and to adjust that acceptance
    when new evidence is presented.

    I do not choose to blindly accept what was written by an unknown
    and unverified collection of authors, translated many times and
    never adjusted to fit newly discovered facts.

    Science is concerned with observable phenomena and discerning the
    physical cause. Religion is concerned with faith in the
    unobservable. These are two separate realms and physical proof of a god
    will leave religion with no basis for faith.

    Mike "what do you claim this as proof of?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Oct 16, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/16/2010 10:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> On 10/15/2010 5:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> Are you trying to say that this fish evolved from King James? Or
    >>> do you think the mythology translated (once again) for him
    >>> evolved into the fish?
    >>>
    >>> Mike "what about those rectangular fish with crumby scales?" Yetto

    >> LOL your choice.

    > Yes it is. I choose to accept what has been shown with
    > overwhelming certainty to be true, and to adjust that acceptance
    > when new evidence is presented.
    >
    > I do not choose to blindly accept what was written by an unknown
    > and unverified collection of authors, translated many times and
    > never adjusted to fit newly discovered facts.
    >
    > Science is concerned with observable phenomena and discerning the
    > physical cause. Religion is concerned with faith in the
    > unobservable. These are two separate realms and physical proof of a god
    > will leave religion with no basis for faith.
    >
    > Mike "what do you claim this as proof of?" Yetto

    In either event it is all speculation and theories.

    OldGringo38, Oct 16, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 09:44:50 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 10/16/2010 8:29 AM Just to please that super-ego, Whiskers wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On 2010-10-15, OldGringo38<> wrote:
    >>> On 10/15/2010 5:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:

    below-

    >>> If you don't believe, you might want to start, and if you do believe
    >>> you might want to change that belief just a tad.

    >> I believe that socks are not the place to put shit, mine or anyone
    >> elses. Pictures of a newly discovered sort of fish, and verses from
    >> scripture, have no bearing on that belief (or on each other).
    >>

    > One day all of the lights will come on at the same time.

    Why are you speaking in riddles all of a sudden, George?

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.
    Aardvark, Oct 16, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    OldGringo38 <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 10/16/2010 10:04 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> On 10/15/2010 5:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:

    >>> LOL your choice.

    >> Yes it is. I choose to accept what has been shown with
    >> overwhelming certainty to be true, and to adjust that acceptance
    >> when new evidence is presented.
    >>
    >> I do not choose to blindly accept what was written by an unknown
    >> and unverified collection of authors, translated many times and
    >> never adjusted to fit newly discovered facts.
    >>
    >> Science is concerned with observable phenomena and discerning the
    >> physical cause. Religion is concerned with faith in the
    >> unobservable. These are two separate realms and physical proof of a god
    >> will leave religion with no basis for faith.
    >>
    >> Mike "what do you claim this as proof of?" Yetto

    >In either event it is all speculation and theories.

    Actually, the KJB is all speculation and no theories.

    Mike "point to the testable hypotheses" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Oct 16, 2010