    broadband plans?

    TIA,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jul 22, 2008

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Squiggle Guest

    http://www.xnet.co.nz/hsi/faq.shtml
    Squiggle, Jul 22, 2008

  3. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Tony Guest

    > How do I know if it's 'local' and free under Xnet's rules for their
    > broadband plans?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    Yes, traffic from ftp.wicks.co.nz mirror server is counted as local
    (free) to xnet customers if that is the question.
    Tony, Jul 22, 2008
  4. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Squiggle Guest

    Tony wrote:
    >> How do I know if it's 'local' and free under Xnet's rules for their
    >> broadband plans?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Jamie Kahn Genet

    > Yes, traffic from ftp.wicks.co.nz mirror server is counted as local
    > (free) to xnet customers if that is the question.

    Interesting, didn't know that mirror existed, will have a play with
    fedora since the download is a freebie :)

    Thanks for providing the hosting Tony.
    Squiggle, Jul 22, 2008
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Tony Guest

    > Interesting, didn't know that mirror existed, will have a play with
    > fedora since the download is a freebie :)
    >
    > Thanks for providing the hosting Tony.

    No problem, the mirror has existed (ftp.redhat.co.nz to start with) has
    existed for many years (10 or so), and been hosted at Xnet for the last
    3 or 4. Bandwidth kindly donated by the nice people at Xnet.
    Tony, Jul 22, 2008
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Tony Guest

    >>> Jamie Kahn Genet
    >> Yes, traffic from ftp.wicks.co.nz mirror server is counted as local
    >> (free) to xnet customers if that is the question.
    >>

    > Shameless :)

    The OP had sent a separate query so it seemed like a fair comment... hey
    remember I get nothing from people using my server apart from warm drives !
    Tony, Jul 23, 2008
  7. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Tony Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > How do I know if it's 'local' and free under Xnet's rules for their
    > broadband plans?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    If your the traffic is within the Xnet IP ranges -

    58.28.0.0/16
    118.90.0.0/16

    Then its "local"
    Tony, Jul 23, 2008
  8. Tony <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > How do I know if it's 'local' and free under Xnet's rules for their
    > > broadband plans?
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > >

    > If your the traffic is within the Xnet IP ranges -
    >
    > 58.28.0.0/16
    > 118.90.0.0/16
    >
    > Then its "local"

    Righto - so bugger all worth having. Obviously that's why it's easy for
    them to make it free. Cheers :)

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jul 23, 2008
  9. Jamie Kahn Genet

    EMB Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Tony <> wrote:
    >
    >> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    >>> How do I know if it's 'local' and free under Xnet's rules for their
    >>> broadband plans?
    >>>
    >>> TIA,
    >>> Jamie Kahn Genet
    >>>

    >> If your the traffic is within the Xnet IP ranges -
    >>
    >> 58.28.0.0/16
    >> 118.90.0.0/16
    >>
    >> Then its "local"

    > Righto - so bugger all worth having. Obviously that's why it's easy for
    > them to make it free. Cheers :)

    Traffic off the xnet hosted akamai servers is free which covers quite a
    few useful bits and pieces.
    EMB, Jul 23, 2008
  10. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Dave Taylor Guest

    EMB <> wrote in news:4886fac8$:

    > Traffic off the xnet hosted akamai servers is free which covers quite a
    > few useful bits and pieces.

    HMM, that is good.
    I wish Akamai had more than Sun's JRE though..
    (That is the last time i can remember being akamaied.)

    Is there a Corral (sp) in NZ?

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jul 24, 2008