    Is there any other device or way of being able to do this?

    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Mick.
    Mick, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Mick

    Bill P Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    > I hope you can see what I am trying to think of in this!
    > I have a desktop computer, with Windows XP Home, and have the Brothers
    > Keeper 6 Family Tree programme installed, and considerable info added with
    > pictures of most people.
    >
    > I would like to be able to show the tree to family members, none of whom
    > have computers, or can come to me, so I need to take it to them.
    >
    > I thought about buying a laptop, but thought I would ask if anyone can
    > thing
    > of a cheaper way than the high cost of them.
    >
    > Is there any other device or way of being able to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions,
    > Mick.

    You could print it and put it in book form.
    Bill P, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Mick

    old jon Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I hope you can see what I am trying to think of in this!
    > I have a desktop computer, with Windows XP Home, and have the Brothers
    > Keeper 6 Family Tree programme installed, and considerable info added with
    > pictures of most people.
    >
    > I would like to be able to show the tree to family members, none of whom
    > have computers, or can come to me, so I need to take it to them.
    >
    > I thought about buying a laptop, but thought I would ask if anyone can
    > thing
    > of a cheaper way than the high cost of them.
    >
    > Is there any other device or way of being able to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions,
    > Mick.

    Consider making a DVD ?. or two ?.
    old jon, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Mick

    Guest

    Mick wrote:

    > I would like to be able to show the tree to family members, none of whom
    > have computers, or can come to me, so I need to take it to them.

    Burn all the info onto a DVD? (I'm assuming the family members have DVD
    players, right? Or even if you had to buy a cheap DVD player to bring
    to the family reunions or whatever, it would still be immensely cheaper
    than buying a laptop.)
    , Feb 24, 2006
  5. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Thanks Nancy, is there a programme that could be put onto DVD that would
    allow me to go through the hundreds of pages?
    Printing it is just not practical, too many A4 sheets (60+) to put together.
    Mick.

    Mick, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Mick

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Mick wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I hope you can see what I am trying to think of in this!
    > I have a desktop computer, with Windows XP Home, and have the Brothers
    > Keeper 6 Family Tree programme installed, and considerable info added with
    > pictures of most people.
    >
    > I would like to be able to show the tree to family members, none of whom
    > have computers, or can come to me, so I need to take it to them.
    >
    > I thought about buying a laptop, but thought I would ask if anyone can thing
    > of a cheaper way than the high cost of them.
    >
    > Is there any other device or way of being able to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions,
    > Mick.

    There are services that will print your family tree (and photos) on 3
    foot wide paper of whatever length is needed. Think of it as wallpaper ;-)
    Rick Merrill, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Mick

    Anna Guest

    > <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Mick wrote:
    >>
    >>> I would like to be able to show the tree to family members, none of whom
    >>> have computers, or can come to me, so I need to take it to them.

    >> Burn all the info onto a DVD? (I'm assuming the family members have DVD
    >> players, right? Or even if you had to buy a cheap DVD player to bring
    >> to the family reunions or whatever, it would still be immensely cheaper
    >> than buying a laptop.)

    Top post corrected.
    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Nancy, is there a programme that could be put onto DVD that would
    > allow me to go through the hundreds of pages?
    > Printing it is just not practical, too many A4 sheets (60+) to put
    > together.
    > Mick.

    60+ sheets of A4 paper seems reasonable. A ream of 500 sheets cost me approx
    $5.00 earlier this year. 1 black & 1 colour ink cartridges for my EsonStylus
    cost me approx $60. Print it off once then photocopy it for everyone else.
    But you should be able to buy the cheap DVD player mention by Nancy for
    about the same price.
    Anna, Feb 25, 2006
  8. Mick

    Ish Taylor Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Nancy, is there a programme that could be put onto DVD that would
    > allow me to go through the hundreds of pages?
    > Printing it is just not practical, too many A4 sheets (60+) to put

    together.
    > Mick.

    Nero Vision Express, or Nero OEM supplied with some DVD burners has a
    feature to make video slide show DVD. I have seen Nero OEM sold separately
    by at least one used (surplus) computer dealer.

    http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/en/NeroVision_Express_3.html
    Ish Taylor, Feb 25, 2006