What console will you chose first?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gez, Nov 21, 2005.

?

What console will you pick first?

  1. PS3

    18.8%
  2. Xbox 360

    37.5%
  3. Nintendo Revolution

    18.8%
  4. I <3 PC gaming more

    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gez

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    well what will it be?

    the crapy Xbox 360?
    the cute new Nintendo?
    or the Badass new uber cool PS3?
    Gez, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    sorry, consoles suck.
    unholy, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I just don't know man, I just don't know. Right now I'll take a PS2 just to play the games Steve's got over there but, I dunno. The XBox360 has some good things going for it in its media center capabilities, but I don't really need that. The PS3 I just haven't seen or heard enough about it yet.
    The Modfather, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    PS3 will makes Xbox 360 eat the dust of which the fans blow off.

    so i am sticking with the good old dual 7800gtx's :D
    unholy, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Gez

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Im defenatly going with the PS3

    It has a built in HD(Blu-ray) DvD player. A HD (Blu-ray, or HD-DvD) DvD player retails for about $1,100. And the current sticker price for the PS3 is around $300-$400. Sony plans to sell the PS3 at a major loss so they can get the consoles into the homes of milions of people, so they buy their media.

    Pluss nVidia, our own friendly PC graphics company, is supplying the PS3 with a video card that has neerly triple the power of any card they currently retail for the PC market. Also the PS3 runs on the new 'Cell processer' technology, developed by IBM, witch is so freakin' sweet!

    And even with all this, Sony has a year now to see what people like about the new Xbox 360 and what they hate about it. Then they take everything people love, put it in the PS3, and the fix everything that the Xbox 360 does wrong.
    Gez, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah but there's a downside to the cell, developers just aren't familiar with it so it'll take a long time for them to come out with the kind of titles for it that'll really take advantage of it.
    The Modfather, Nov 23, 2005
  7. Gez

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Yes, but the Cell proccessor, once learned, will be a greater adavantage compared to the other 2 consoles.
    Gez, Nov 29, 2005
  8. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Ummm CELL is shit to a quad core Firbe Optic Processor :p

    Nah man have u heard of the problems they are having.
    Cooling. one of the annoyences

    Dont bet on the PS3 being what its supposed to be, and make sure u have a few grand in ur bank so u can buy it :|
    unholy, Dec 1, 2005
  9. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Read my update on thinkcomputers.org about the PS3. It isn't going to hit the stores until 2007. So if you're holding out for it, might as well get the XBox360 because it's a long wait.

    Not that it won't rock when it's out but, will it really be worth all that waiting? Will its technology truely be as cutting edge in over a year? Hard to say but I'm saying it's doubtful. Had they addressed the problems they're having now earlier and gotten the PS3 out for the holidays this year, it'd likely have crushed the 360, but now there's no competition for the 360 so we may see the first instance of the XBox being more popular than the PS3, having more titles available and more people playing it.
    The Modfather, Dec 1, 2005
  10. Gez

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    ya, well look to the Dreamcast, at first they had no competition for it... but look what happend. I think the PS3, and even the new Nintendo system will far outsell the Xbox360.
    Gez, Dec 9, 2005
  11. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    As of right now I'm going to have to say that the XBox360 is going to utterly demolish the PS3 and not because of the late release either. According to an article in a popular gaming magazine, Sony Corporation is saying that while the PS3 will be region free (you will be able to play games from Japan or anywhere for that matter on your domestic PS3) there will be no such thing as used games. What this means is that there'll be no rentals of PS3 titles, no used games in stores, no swapping or borrowing of PS3 games between friends, nada. In their latest heavy handed attempt to thwart privacy, Sony is more or less shooting themselves in the foot and killing the PS3 before it ever hits store shelves with this move. I for one, should this prove to be the case, would not even consider buying the system. I would think that most people will have the same opinion and will avoid the PS3 in favor of the more established (by that date) XBox360 with its larger game collection. Sony has come too late and with a very bad idea into this round of the console wars.

    As for Nintendo, they haven't had an innovative idea since the SNES and most of the games for the system are suitable only for 12 year old girls or little children and have little appeal to the real gamers. The fact that the Gamecube didn't even have an optical drive should be enough to show how far behind the times Nintendo is with their thinking. They've dropped the ball and are so far out of it that they're not even in the same playground with that ball anymore. I've written Nintendo off a long time since.

    So right now, for me at least, it looks like the XBox360 is what I want to go with. Not that I can afford to and I'll be happy with a PS2 and being able to borrow and swap games with my brother-in-law.
    The Modfather, Dec 10, 2005
  12. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    OMFG its ipod ideas put into a console... what next? the OS stops working when u put in a pirated game, and u have to buy a whole new console?
    unholy, Dec 10, 2005
  13. Gez

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I'm going to have to say the 360 because of that issue with the PS3 :( If the PS3 had "normal" games, I'd pick that.
    XhArD, Dec 10, 2005
  14. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Yer same, but for me its none of the consoles. :D
    unholy, Dec 11, 2005
  15. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Normally I'd say no console, but lately I've been noticing a terrible drop in the amount and quality of games for the PC with a tremendous upsurge of games of good quality for consoles. Things like Halo 2, GTA:SA and others that I want to play but can't because there's no version for the PC are driving me towards the console route.
    The Modfather, Dec 11, 2005
  16. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i know what u mean, but its like ie vs ff, if it doesn't work in FF its not a site to me :|
    unholy, Dec 11, 2005
  17. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hehe, well in that regard I agree totally, any site that's not optimized to work for Firefox (as well as other browsers) isn't really a site, but games? I don't really see the corolation there. A game is a game, if it doesn't exist on one system why should it NOT be good on another? I'd love to be able to play Halo 2 and GTA:SA and stuff like that but I can't. I imagine there'll be a lot of titles for the 360 that'll be like that. Another one I wanna play is out for the PS2, a Call of Cthulhu game called Dark Corners of the Earth. As a huge HP Lovecraft fan it hurts not being able to play that. The PC based games in that genre all suck really bad. Like Evil Dead on the PC, man that's a terrible game.
    The Modfather, Dec 12, 2005
  18. Gez

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yer... well maybe we can go and steal the emulators off Sony/Microsoft and get some usb version of the xbox/ps2 controllers :D
    unholy, Dec 12, 2005
  19. Gez

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hmm, wouldn't need that, any gamepad would probably do the job, right?

    Do they actually have emulators for the PC and do they work?
    The Modfather, Dec 12, 2005
  20. Gez

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    WAIT WAIT WAIT
    Ok, going back to the origanal topic. The whole thing with the PS3s Game disks not being able to be used in other systems was an idea they had (and never confiermed), BEFORE the whole blow up with the Sony CD pirate protection.

    Let me refresh you memory about what happend with the Music CD protection thing. Sony first launched it with out telling anyone. It put major security flaws into computers once installed, and was found to be installed in some of our major U.S. government establishments. Then, It was found out that Sony had ripped off the software, and are currently being sued for stealing it.

    Ok, now while the PS3 may very well not allow you to play their games on more than one console, I find that very unlikly. Their is a multi-million dollar industry in renting games for these systems, they would be losing a huge piece of sales to these game rental companys (ex. Gamefly.com) if they did, and i dont think sony is going to take a major blow to sales.

    If you wana get into rummors (witch most everything currently about the PS3 is right now), People are saying that Sony played Microsoft for idiots. Sony from the very begining said that their console was going to be damn expensive, but more recently people have been saying they did that to trick mircosoft into making their prices so high. I know for a FACT that sony plans to sell the PS3 at a loss to gain more hold in the market, but how much could that be? i do not know. Honestly i wouldnt be surprised if it sold for $200 next holiday season.
    Gez, Dec 12, 2005