    Can you help me? I'm receiving anonymous e-mails from someone but I don't
    know who is he/she. I only know his/her address and the IP.
    Thanks.

    Phantom, Nov 10, 2003

  2. In article <boo6iq$i74$>, says...
    > Can you help me? I'm receiving anonymous e-mails from someone but I don't
    > know who is he/she. I only know his/her address and the IP.
    > Thanks.

    If you know their address and IP, if they're the *real* address and IP,
    the emails aren't anonymous.

    Post the header from the email if you want us to fill in the blanks.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Phantom

    Phantom Guest

    Well, I'm quite sure the address and the IP are real (He/she seems not to be
    a wizard -like me): Here they are:

    IP: 217.82.68.81

    Thank you in advance.

    Phantom, Nov 10, 2003
  4. In article <booomg$g7d$>, says...

    > > If you know their address and IP, if they're the *real* address and IP,
    > > the emails aren't anonymous.
    > >
    > > Post the header from the email if you want us to fill in the blanks.
    > >

    > Well, I'm quite sure the address and the IP are real (He/she seems not to be
    > a wizard -like me): Here they are:
    >

    > IP: 217.82.68.81
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    I don't want the IP and the address, we need to see the entire header to
    see if it's munged or truly anonymous. Sorry if you don't understand
    this or how to do it, google.com is your friend, learn how to get the
    header from your email client.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Phantom

    Obi-Lan Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:26:07 +0100, Phantom wrote:

    > Well, I'm quite sure the address and the IP are real (He/she seems not to be
    > a wizard -like me): Here they are:
    >

    > IP: 217.82.68.81
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    I got this from WHOIS :

    inetnum: 217.80.0.0 - 217.89.31.255
    netname: DTAG-DIAL14
    descr: Deutsche Telekom AG
    country: DE
    admin-c: DTIP
    tech-c: DTST
    status: ASSIGNED PA
    remarks: ************************************************************
    remarks: * ABUSE CONTACT: IN CASE OF HACK ATTACKS, *
    remarks: * ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, VIOLATION, SCANS, PROBES, SPAM, ETC. *
    remarks: ************************************************************

    Don't act yet, wait and see what the Colonel or other regulars say first.

    What is the content of the mail ?

    Regards,

    Obi.

    --
    $ whereis cheque_in_the_post
    cheque_in_the_post:

    PG Tips Tea ID : 2 000148 020657

    Obi-Lan, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Phantom

    Obi-Lan Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:00:11 -0500, Colonel Flagg wrote:

    > I don't want the IP and the address, we need to see the entire header to
    > see if it's munged or truly anonymous.

    Oops. Didn't see your reply hiding at the bottom of the page, hence mine.

    Regards,

    Obi.

    Obi-Lan, Nov 11, 2003
  7. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:26:07 +0100, Phantom wrote:
    >
    > > Well, I'm quite sure the address and the IP are real (He/she seems not to be
    > > a wizard -like me): Here they are:
    > >

    > > IP: 217.82.68.81
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance.

    > I got this from WHOIS :
    >
    > inetnum: 217.80.0.0 - 217.89.31.255
    > netname: DTAG-DIAL14
    > descr: Deutsche Telekom AG
    > country: DE
    > admin-c: DTIP
    > tech-c: DTST
    > status: ASSIGNED PA
    > remarks: ************************************************************
    > remarks: * ABUSE CONTACT: IN CASE OF HACK ATTACKS, *
    > remarks: * ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, VIOLATION, SCANS, PROBES, SPAM, ETC. *
    > remarks: ************************************************************
    >
    > Don't act yet, wait and see what the Colonel or other regulars say first.
    >
    > What is the content of the mail ?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Obi.

    well, considering where it's at, it could be a remailer, meaning, any
    info in the header wouldn't be worth squat when trying to track down the
    truly anonymous poster... considering it *is* in DE, chances are, the
    hotmail addy is bogus or it's a forge, maybe a forge of someone known to
    this person.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Nov 11, 2003
  8. That's the Network information, you want the Registrant information :)

    John E. Carty, Nov 11, 2003
  9. Phantom

    Phantom Guest

    Thank you all. The content was only personally "dangerous", I mean that was
    very suspicious that someone had my e-mail and talked me about personal
    things.
    Thanks again.

    "Colonel Flagg" <> escribió en
    el mensaje news:...

    *

    Phantom, Nov 11, 2003
  10. Phantom

    MR Guest

    I just wanted to give him a start. Now the rest is up too him/her...

    MR, Nov 11, 2003
  11. Phantom

    Obi-Lan Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:48:58 +0100, Phantom wrote:

    > Thank you all. The content was only personally "dangerous", I mean that was
    > very suspicious that someone had my e-mail and talked me about personal
    > things.
    > Thanks again.

    Not sure that I helped you much. If they talked about things personal to
    you, did you correspond with someone shortly before these emails began
    arriving ? Do you frequent chat rooms ? These questions are really
    rhetorical, so if I were you, I'd review my 'information disclosure
    policy' :).

    Maybe set up a filter in your mail client to drop these annoying messages ?

    If you require further help, just ask, I'm sure someone will step up to
    help.

    Regards,

    Obi.

    Obi-Lan, Nov 11, 2003