What Codec #?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harrison, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Harrison, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Hi murgi,

    There are some softwares that read file to deternine which codec is
    required.

    Simply search for Movie type on web.

    When you try using that software, simply make a search according to video
    type.

    Regards
    Phil

    Murgi, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Harrison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Try here http://www.divx.com/

    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:41:29 -0500, "Phillip Normand" <> wrote:

    >Hi murgi,
    >
    >There are some softwares that read file to deternine which codec is
    >required.
    >
    >Simply search for Movie type on web.
    >
    >When you try using that software, simply make a search according to video
    >type.
    >
    >Regards
    >Phil

    Hi Phil,
    Some days it rains. Carry an umbrella on those days.

    Harrison, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Harrison

    Richard Guest

    Murgi wrote:

    > A year ago I downloaded a bunch of funny video clips (Mr. Bean, older
    > ones like Laurel & Hardy), and I could watch all of them.
    > After loading them onto a new computer's hard drive, several of them give
    > me an error message saying the format is not supported...
    > What special Codec(s) do I need to cover most formats? If they do not
    > interfere, I won't mind having several since disk space is no issue.

    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    Probably MPEG2.

    Technically it requires a license and is distributed with certain video
    viewers for a fee.
    So you don't get it with WMP.
    Search the web. There are a few sites that have it available for free.

    If those flics are SVCD then that's what you need.

    Richard, Feb 28, 2004
  7. "Murgi" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in

    > A year ago I downloaded a bunch of funny video clips (Mr. Bean, older
    > ones like Laurel & Hardy), and I could watch all of them.
    > After loading them onto a new computer's hard drive, several of them
    > give me an error message saying the format is not supported...
    > What special Codec(s) do I need to cover most formats? If they do not
    > interfere, I won't mind having several since disk space is no issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    I have found that ACE Mega CoDecS Pack is helpful. It's got a lot of
    different codecs. Almost sure to please.

    v5.95 http://acemcp.uw.hu/ACEMCP595PROBETA2.exe
    v5.93 http://acemcp.uw.hu/
    v3.95 http://ace.subpage.net/ - mirror

    -=/ Someone@TheDailySpank /=-