    title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    Keith, Jun 19, 2009

  2. Keith

    RoyLFuchs Guest

    Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 01:24:26 -0700 (PDT), Keith <>
    wrote:

    >What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    >films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    >special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    >title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    >disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    >even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    Columbia Pictures, Used Cars. No, I do not care that you were talking
    about Warner titles.

    RoyLFuchs, Jun 19, 2009

  3. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    > films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    > special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    > title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    > disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    > even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    "The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners. Steiner
    score. Florey directs.

    PBT

    Paul B. Thompson, Jun 19, 2009
  4. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get aBlu-Ray DVD release for ?

    Keith wrote:

    > What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    > films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    > special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    > title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    > disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    > even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    Unless this is a post from their Run-On Sales Division, I'll stick to
    Warner's *own* polls about which title should surface next on Warner
    Archive, thanks. :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jun 19, 2009
  5. Keith

    MFalc1 Guest

    On Jun 19, 1:24�am, Keith <> wrote:
    > What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    > films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    > special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    > title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    > disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    > even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    1. John Boorman's EXCALIBUR
    2. Sam Peckinpah's THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE
    3. Terrence Malick's BADLANDS

    Because they all deserve Blu-Ray treatment.

    Mark L. Falconer
    http://www.poetry-arts-confidential.blogspot.com
    http://www.youtube.com/terrymcca

    MFalc1, Jun 19, 2009
  6. Keith

    Robo-man Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    > films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    > special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    > title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    > disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    > even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    - OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."

    ..

    Robo-man, Jun 19, 2009
  7. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:10:03 GMT, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    >Keith wrote:
    >
    >> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    >> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    >> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    >> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    >> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    >> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    >Unless this is a post from their Run-On Sales Division, I'll stick to
    >Warner's *own* polls about which title should surface next on Warner
    >Archive, thanks. :)
    >
    >Derek Janssen

    Doubtful that any poll actually has an effect on their planning anyway.

    Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers, Jun 20, 2009
  8. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:19:10 -0700 (PDT), MFalc1 <> wrote:

    >1. John Boorman's EXCALIBUR

    It has already been digitized because there is an HD DVD release of it.
    So, it is very likely already on Warner's list, as most of the HD DVD
    library has been re-issued on BD by most of the studios.

    Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers, Jun 20, 2009
  9. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:54:21 -0400, "Robo-man" <> wrote:

    >"Keith" <> wrote in message
    >> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    >> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    >> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    >> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    >> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    >> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    > - OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."

    Bell, Book, and Candle

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  10. Keith

    Flasherly Guest

    On Jun 19, 4:24 am, Keith <> wrote:
    > What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    > films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    > special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    > title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    > disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    > even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)

    Since I don't have a TV, per se, and never got so far past standard
    MPEG2 streaming to 8G industry pressed formats?

    Based on Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer by
    Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine, do you know if it's slanted or
    recommended material, and if it will ever become destined classic
    proportions?

    Flasherly, Jun 20, 2009
  11. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get aBlu-Ray DVD release for ?

    Jim Beaver wrote:

    > "Archimedes' Lever" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:54:21 -0400, "Robo-man" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Keith" <> wrote in message

    >>>- OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."

    >> Bell, Book, and Candle

    > Did anyone read the part about "classic, WARNER BROS.-ONLY-PRODUCED?"

    No, I only got halfway through the sentence and gave up--
    Forgot to bring a canteen and six days of rations.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jun 20, 2009
  12. Keith

    mikeos Guest

    Paul B. Thompson wrote:
    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    >> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    >> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    >> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    >> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    >> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    > "The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners. Steiner
    > score. Florey directs.

    When I was 12 years old, the TRAILER of that gave me nightmares for a
    couple of days.

    mikeos, Jun 20, 2009
  13. Keith

    Marv Soloff Guest

    mikeos wrote:
    > Paul B. Thompson wrote:
    >> "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    >>> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    >>> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    >>> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    >>> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    >>> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    >> "The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners.
    >> Steiner score. Florey directs.

    > When I was 12 years old, the TRAILER of that gave me nightmares for a
    > couple of days.

    I don't know about BluRay, but some 50 libraries across the US have this
    title on VHS. There is also a listing for a DVD, but it appears to not
    have been released.

    Marv

    Marv Soloff, Jun 20, 2009
  14. Keith

    gerry Guest

    On Jun 20, 8:05 am, mikeos <> wrote:
    > Paul B. Thompson wrote:
    > > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > >> What 3 older classic or more recent classic, Warner Bros only produced
    > >> films that you greatly admire, would you most love seeing get a
    > >> special edition Blu Ray DVD release, because of the fact that each
    > >> title mentioned hasn't yet got one and/or because you were hugely
    > >> disappointed with the standard DVD release it got (if any title named
    > >> even got one). Please separately say why, for each title mentioned.

    > > "The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners. Steiner
    > > score. Florey directs.

    > When I was 12 years old, the TRAILER of that gave me nightmares for a
    > couple of days.

    A pretentious posting by a teacher wannabe. What are you going to do,
    Keith, grade us on our reasons why? Blu-ray is Sony technology, so
    you can expect it to become worthless, replaced by new and better
    technology. Sony, which two years ago had a potential recall of 25
    million SD DVDs it released with extreme copy protection (the DVDs
    would not work on many DVD players as a result) likes Blu-ray because
    it is hard to copy and not worth the trouble. Earlier BD players had
    problems playing some BD DVDs because the owners had to get upgraded
    firmware to handled changes in the copy protection software.

    Across the board, Sony puts the consumer second as it tries to protect
    its so-called intellectual property. I have a Monopoly CDROM with
    SUREROM software that put a rootkit in my computer, which I could only
    remove before a lawsuit against Sony forced it to put a removal tool
    on the Internet.

    An upconverting DVD player hooked to a flat panel display via HDMI
    input is good enough. And a lot cheaper.

    gerry, Jun 20, 2009
  15. Re: What classic films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:48:22 -0700, "Jim Beaver" <>
    wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:54:21 -0400, "Robo-man" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> - OUTLAND - "Even in space, the ultimate enemy is man."
    >>>

    >> Bell, Book, and Candle

    >Did anyone read the part about "classic, WARNER BROS.-ONLY-PRODUCED?"
    >
    >Jim Beaver

    Did you notice my first response where I stated that I don't give a
    damn about what studio a desired and declared title is from?

    There, ASSHOLE, I modified the title for you. The correct response is:

    IFYPFY

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  16. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:04:17 GMT, Marv Soloff <>
    wrote:

    >mikeos wrote:
    >> Paul B. Thompson wrote:
    >>> "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "The Beast with Five Fingers." Peter Lorre's last film for Warners.
    >>> Steiner score. Florey directs.

    >> When I was 12 years old, the TRAILER of that gave me nightmares for a
    >> couple of days.

    >I don't know about BluRay, but some 50 libraries across the US have this
    >title on VHS. There is also a listing for a DVD, but it appears to not
    >have been released.
    >
    >Marv

    Wow, I cannot even remember the last time I had a VHS player in my
    stack.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  17. Keith

    RCE Defiant Guest

    Archimedes' Lever wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:04:17 GMT, Marv Soloff <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> mikeos wrote:
    >>> When I was 12 years old, the TRAILER of that gave me nightmares for a
    >>> couple of days.

    >> I don't know about BluRay, but some 50 libraries across the US have this
    >> title on VHS. There is also a listing for a DVD, but it appears to not
    >> have been released.
    >>
    >> Marv

    > Wow, I cannot even remember the last time I had a VHS player in my
    > stack.

    What's VHS?

    --
    RCE Defiant

    RCE Defiant, Jun 20, 2009
  18. Re: What classic Warner Bros only films,do you want to see get a Blu-Ray DVD release for ?

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:32:11 +0100, RCE Defiant <> wrote:

    >Archimedes' Lever wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:04:17 GMT, Marv Soloff <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> I don't know about BluRay, but some 50 libraries across the US have this
    >>> title on VHS. There is also a listing for a DVD, but it appears to not
    >>> have been released.
    >>>
    >>> Marv

    >> Wow, I cannot even remember the last time I had a VHS player in my
    >> stack.

    >What's VHS?

    Nowadays? Virtual High Society on some lame gathering forum like
    "Life" or such.

    Archimedes' Lever, Jun 20, 2009
  19. Keith

    william Guest

    On Jun 20, 12:32 pm, RCE Defiant <> wrote:

    > What's VHS?

    It's a playback system that allows you to watch "Greed" or "Prospero's
    Books" and other films that never made it to DVD. There are "fake"
    DVDs that are made from these VHS originals. If I find a $2 used VHS
    of a movie I've never seen -- and in NYC thousands are available --
    I'll get it to see if I want to sink real money in a DVD. Seen some
    real dogs but at least they're not sitting on my DVD shelves laughing
    at me.

    William
    www.williamahearn.com

    william, Jun 20, 2009
  20. Keith

    Jim Beaver Guest

    > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:48:22 -0700, "Jim Beaver" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Archimedes' Lever" <> wrote in message

    >>> Bell, Book, and Candle

    >>Did anyone read the part about "classic, WARNER BROS.-ONLY-PRODUCED?"
    >>
    >>Jim Beaver
    >>

    > Did you notice my first response where I stated that I don't give a
    > damn about what studio a desired and declared title is from?
    >
    > There, ASSHOLE, I modified the title for you. The correct response is:

    No, I didn't. I was trying to help you get helpful responses, you pissy
    little twat. I won't make that mistake again.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Jun 20, 2009