    this newsgroup is situated in where about in new zealand? is it in aucland?
    where?
    tia

    bardeban, Feb 4, 2010

  2. bardeban

    AD. Guest

    On Feb 5, 9:04 am, "bardeban" <> wrote:
    > this newsgroup is situated in where about in new zealand? is it in aucland?
    > where?
    > tia

    USENET newsgroups aren't situated anywhere. There is no central server
    with usenet, it is a decentralised system.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Feb 4, 2010

  3. bardeban <> wrote:

    > this newsgroup is situated in where about in new zealand? is it in aucland?
    > where?
    > tia

    Here. Everywhere. Nowhere. Somewhere. There, too.

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 4, 2010
  4. bardeban

    Gib Bogle Guest

    bardeban wrote:
    > this newsgroup is situated in where about in new zealand? is it in
    > aucland? where?
    > tia

    Right now it is situated in my house, on my desk.

    Gib Bogle, Feb 4, 2010
  5. bardeban

    Matty F Guest

    On Feb 5, 9:04 am, "bardeban" <> wrote:
    > this newsgroup is situated in where about in new zealand? is it in aucland?
    > where?

    The recent posts for this newsgroup and most others reside on more
    than 100,000 servers belonging to ISPs around the world, and posts for
    more than 20 years reside on Google's servers that are probably in the
    US.

    Matty F, Feb 5, 2010
  6. bardeban

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:52:55 +1300, John Smith wrote:

    > I found out my ISP has no moral back bone.

    Its a corporation out to make money by taking money from you for something not worth as much as you
    paid for it. Why the surprise at the lack of a spine?

    Sweetpea, Feb 5, 2010
  7. bardeban

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-02-04, AD. <> wrote:
    > On Feb 5, 9:04 am, "bardeban" <> wrote:
    >> this newsgroup is situated in where about in new zealand? is it in aucland?
    >> where?
    >> tia

    > USENET newsgroups aren't situated anywhere. There is no central server
    > with usenet, it is a decentralised system.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    In fact the whole Internet is all over the place. That is why it is so great
    and useful. Just like roads.

    Gordon, Feb 6, 2010