What Cert to start with from ground zero

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by SD, Dec 6, 2008.

  1. SD

    SD Guest

    Hello-

    I am interested in exploring my options with certification. Currently
    I have no certifications whatsoever except for a BS degree in
    managerial economics. I am interested in computer programming and am
    almost finished with a book on C#. Computer Science was my original
    interest as an undergrad in college...i was discouraged with a FORTRAN
    class I was required to take which was later canceled one semester
    after I finished.

    I am a bit confused by the wiki article about Microsoft certified
    professionals. If i wanted to pursue further certification in
    programming could i do that through one of the cert paths (eg
    MCTS .net 536 and 526) without pre-req...can i self study for it or do
    i need to enroll in a school?

    Any information would be helpful and appreciated

    Sincerely,
    SD.

    SD, Dec 6, 2008