    a dark drawer. Happens on two different Phillips
    players.

    sam
    sam, Nov 10, 2008

  2. sam

    Guest

    sam wrote:

    > Got some home-burned DVD+R discs that will periodically
    > freeze for a few secs, then jump and play fine till
    > next freeze. Maybe 4-6 freezes in a half-hour show.
    >
    > I believe these all played fine first time we watched them.
    >
    > No scratches or other marks, stored in envelopes in
    > a dark drawer. Happens on two different Phillips
    > players.
    >
    > sam

    Lots of things can cause mis-reading of a disc. Some
    players are just better at error correction than others.
    If you start running into lots of problems, try switching
    to a different brand DVDR.

    If you want to try salvaging the recording, first try playing
    the disc on your computer. If it plays OK, you can probably
    just copy it to a new disc and fix the problem.
    , Nov 10, 2008

  3. sam

    RickMerrill Guest

    sam wrote:
    > Got some home-burned DVD+R discs that will periodically
    > freeze for a few secs, then jump and play fine till
    > next freeze. Maybe 4-6 freezes in a half-hour show.
    >
    > I believe these all played fine first time we watched them.
    >
    > No scratches or other marks, stored in envelopes in
    > a dark drawer. Happens on two different Phillips
    > players.
    >
    > sam

    Have you run a cleaner CD into the player?

    Try the DVD on another player. Some players are not as good as others
    - what can I say?
    RickMerrill, Nov 12, 2008